Best place to get a Velar

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
xxphillipzxx

Best place to get a Velar

Post by xxphillipzxx » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a D180 R-Dynamic S In black with the black pack as well as either black or grey wheels.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any dealers doing some good rates on PCP I missed out on the Stratton deal of 3.5% APR and £499 a month which i was gutted.

Especially as I am looking to get one for under £500.

UK only please :D

saqibm

Re: Best place to get a Velar

Post by saqibm » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi - welcome to the forum.

I didn't realise the Stratstone deal was finished but you're right, just checked.

Have a look on the Rockar website they seem to have pretty competitive deals/APRs.

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Carvow may be another place to try out. You get quotes from different dealers and you choose what best suits you!
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

In a #justsaying sort of way, please don’t confuse the Cheapest place to get a Velar with the Best place to get a Velar.

As you’ll have gathered from this forum, the cars are sometimes prone to be temprementall and could need a trip (or several) back to the dealer.

This is where the quality of the dealer will come in to play. It is possible that you will find a high calibre dealer who, is also the cheapest, but to me you would be better off choosing the dealer based on their reputation, and how they deal with questions such as “how many courtesy cars do you have”, “can I look at the workshop and chat to the workshop manager”, “do you have some customer contacts who I can talk to about what they think of your dealership” and so on.

The salesman should know his stuff too, and you should ask him questions about who would look after you in the event of things not going to plan once you’ve bought the car.

If they are free and easy with their responses and you think you will get a good service from them, that’s the point at which you should engage them in meaningful discussions about price.

If you want to get a quote from Car Wow etc, then of course go back to them and see if they can match it. But if they can’t, you will have to decide whether you will be happy to go to another dealer who might not be so supportive and save a few quid, or accept that the overall package is right for you albeit not the cheapest.

I speak from experience here!

Good luck with the search
D 300 First Edition Corris Grey

MTD1988

Post by MTD1988 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Wolfie wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm
In a #justsaying sort of way, please don’t confuse the Cheapest place to get a Velar with the Best place to get a Velar.

As you’ll have gathered from this forum, the cars are sometimes prone to be temprementall and could need a trip (or several) back to the dealer.

This is where the quality of the dealer will come in to play. It is possible that you will find a high calibre dealer who, is also the cheapest, but to me you would be better off choosing the dealer based on their reputation, and how they deal with questions such as “how many courtesy cars do you have”, “can I look at the workshop and chat to the workshop manager”, “do you have some customer contacts who I can talk to about what they think of your dealership” and so on.

The salesman should know his stuff too, and you should ask him questions about who would look after you in the event of things not going to plan once you’ve bought the car.

If they are free and easy with their responses and you think you will get a good service from them, that’s the point at which you should engage them in meaningful discussions about price.

If you want to get a quote from Car Wow etc, then of course go back to them and see if they can match it. But if they can’t, you will have to decide whether you will be happy to go to another dealer who might not be so supportive and save a few quid, or accept that the overall package is right for you albeit not the cheapest.

I speak from experience here!

Good luck with the search
Not at all relevant really lol.., I’d always go for the cheapest no matter what- you don’t have to take the car back there...

My cars going in for a sensor check in a few weeks in a completely different garage because where I bought from were dog shit

MTD1988

Post by MTD1988 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Stratstone offering a deal on the new evoque now 😯

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”