Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Centre console scratches

20K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  TheChallinor 
#1 ·
I've only driven around 1200 miles and the centre console is looking pretty awful. This isn't from a watch or cufflinks etc. The only thing I've ever put on this part is maybe the odd cardboard box if I pick up a parcel and just while getting in the car. Seems super easy to scratch. Hopefully you can see in these pictures. Not sure anything can be done about it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you still have a protective film on them - it looks like you do?
My car is 8 months old, I am not careful and do t have a single scratch.

#8 ·
do you have a dog in the car, asking cz looks like the passenger seat area has covers etc?

#9 ·
#18 ·
A simple plastic polish like polyWatch will remove those in a few minutes with a microfibre cloth.

All glossy plastic surfaces will scratch very easily.

The worst are scuffs on the lower trim as they're almost impossible to take out, are really noticeable and take away the premium look.

#19 ·
fatmanz said:
A simple plastic polish like polyWatch will remove those in a few minutes with a microfibre cloth.

All glossy plastic surfaces will scratch very easily.

The worst are scuffs on the lower trim as they're almost impossible to take out, are really noticeable and take away the premium look.
After a recommendation above I bought some Meguiars Plastic RX and it had no impact on the scratches at all. I'll give it another go at the weekend.

#21 ·
rebel1978 said:
After a recommendation above I bought some Meguiars Plastic RX and it had no impact on the scratches at all. I'll give it another go at the weekend.
Might not have enough cut to it, i'd recommend trying something else and then using the MegsPRX to bring it to a shine.

Or just use the Megs PRX for longer and with more pressure (it needs to really cut into and level the plastic, not wipe over it)

#22 ·
fatmanz said:
rebel1978 said:
Might not have enough cut to it, i'd recommend trying something else and then using the MegsPRX to bring it to a shine.

Or just use the Megs PRX for longer and with more pressure (it needs to really cut into and level the plastic, not wipe over it)
Thanks I'll be a bit more aggressive with it this time.

#24 ·
zani said:
I got some too
Take a look at this. I might do this too
Wish he'd shined the torch a bit better on the treated area afterwards. The guy doesn't stop to breathe, who knows how he managed to fill the entire video with talking about plastic scratches!
He could well have been saying that stuff doesn't work very well, don't buy it.

#25 ·
That Menzerna polish is proper stuff, paired with a cut up polishing pad will take scratches out of paintwork so will defo work on the plastic.

I would check if it is oil based before using it myself though as it could stain the trim.

There are other polishes out there that are water based like the GTechniq P1 which will have similar cutting power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.