PCP Finance

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
dodge1201

PCP Finance

Post by dodge1201 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:16 pm

If anyone is looking to buy their car through PCP finance I have managed to get a decent deal with a prestige car finance company. Spoke to my LR dealer and they couldn't move on the monthly payment at all - what it shows online on the build configurator is what it is. No negotiation at all! On my payments I have saved at least £60 per month and they are still trying to get me a better deal! Not a massive amount but saving over £700 for the year so adds up to a decent amount. (pays for the insurance!) Residual value is the same so its just that they are working on a better APR than the 6.9% with LR/Blackhorse. If anyone wants to know the details of my client manager then let me know and i'll PM the details over.
D240 R-Dynamic SE, Byron Blue, Black Roof & 21" Dark Satin Wheels. :D

Md6410

Re: PCP Finance

Post by Md6410 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 pm

dodge1201, could you please send over your guy's details, I'd like to have a chat tomorrow before I give my dealer the go ahead to get my car.

JKVelarF1

Post by JKVelarF1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Please pm me details, thank you.

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am

Is this Oracle Finance?

dodge1201

Post by dodge1201 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 am

VelarMan wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am
Is this Oracle Finance?
Yes. They seem ok to deal with. I'll pm details over shortly.

VelarSam

Post by VelarSam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:18 am

dodge1201 wrote:
VelarMan wrote:
Is this Oracle Finance?
What a shame! I tried oracle several times but they hadn't gotten the residual values yet so couldn't quote me on a pcp deal. The guy I spoke to told me my deal with LT/Blackhorse was pretty competitive so I went ahead with them. This was about a week ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodge1201

Post by dodge1201 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:25 am

VelarSam wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:18 am
dodge1201 wrote:
VelarMan wrote:
Is this Oracle Finance?
What a shame! I tried oracle several times but they hadn't gotten the residual values yet so couldn't quote me on a pcp deal. The guy I spoke to told me my deal with LT/Blackhorse was pretty competitive so I went ahead with them. This was about a week ago

Bugger! The lady I have been speaking to for about 2 weeks has been great and dealt straight with their underwriting team.

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:06 am

IMHO they are a bunch of bloody cowboys! They gave me some fantastic quotes on the Velar to entice me in to an application - they do two credit searches which is a bad thing for your credit score - one search for oracle and then another the finance company does - in the end they were unable to get the finance they quoted me for! They decreased the balloon payment which resulted in an increase of £200 a month and bought them very close to JLR finance. When I told them I am going with JLR finance they magically managed to get the balloon increased slightly again so this time a difference of £100 a month...they then wanted me to get a tracker on the Velar - their finance company will NOT give you the money if the car does not have a tracker - my insurer NFU Mutual did not even ask me to get a bloody tracker!

Further more they wanted proof of income and bank statements etc to organise.

I went in to my dealer and signed the JLR docs and drove out with the car - painless and no hanky panky!

Tread carefully with Oracle chaps.

dodge1201

Post by dodge1201 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:58 am

VelarMan wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:06 am
IMHO they are a bunch of bloody cowboys! They gave me some fantastic quotes on the Velar to entice me in to an application - they do two credit searches which is a bad thing for your credit score - one search for oracle and then another the finance company does - in the end they were unable to get the finance they quoted me for! They decreased the balloon payment which resulted in an increase of £200 a month and bought them very close to JLR finance. When I told them I am going with JLR finance they magically managed to get the balloon increased slightly again so this time a difference of £100 a month...they then wanted me to get a tracker on the Velar - their finance company will NOT give you the money if the car does not have a tracker - my insurer NFU Mutual did not even ask me to get a bloody tracker!

Further more they wanted proof of income and bank statements etc to organise.

I went in to my dealer and signed the JLR docs and drove out with the car - painless and no hanky panky!

Tread carefully with Oracle chaps.
Thanks, sounds like you had a shit time! I'll definitely tread carefully and may end up just going with JLR if they are going to be a pain in the arse!

VelarSam

Post by VelarSam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:31 am

The JLR Finance process was quick and painless for me, so I must say I'm not regretting going with them, even if I could have saved a some money with a better APR

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”