Crackling audio

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
roberoo

Re: Crackling audio

Post by roberoo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Kingoyinbo wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 pm
According to my case manager at Land Rover. He’s had multiple people with the same issue. Apparently they’ve all gone in for the new sorftware and the issue has been resolved.

Unfortunately my car isn’t booked in till May 28th so I won’t be able to proved any updates till at least June as they want it for 10 days. (10 days just for cracklings audio seems absurd to me but oh well)
Im on the latest software and still have crackling speakers, I really don't think its software related.
D300 R-Dynamic HSE 2018

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Agree with roberoo here, I don’t think it’s software related neither, even although the dealership say it is! Put it this way, I’ve just come off the phone AGAIN to JLR and they act like they know nothing about it, actually seem quite surprised that there’s even an issue. I told her to get herself on this very forum as I’m sure that’ll sort her out!

roberoo

Post by roberoo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 pm

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:31 pm
Agree with roberoo here, I don’t think it’s software related neither, even although the dealership say it is! Put it this way, I’ve just come off the phone AGAIN to JLR and they act like they know nothing about it, actually seem quite surprised that there’s even an issue. I told her to get herself on this very forum as I’m sure that’ll sort her out!
My contact 'Richard' at JLR Customer Relations team is going to be calling me sometime this week to check on the 19a (part 2) update I had installed so will be mentioning this forum to him at that point. Hopefully we can get some resolution. It's almost like a static click, crossed wires/interference, but hey I'm no expert.
D300 R-Dynamic HSE 2018

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Agreed mate, pops away. Sounds to me like playing a really old record on a really old player. I’ve had it all day today on a 2 hour drive, DAB, ACP, phone calls, made no difference, all crackling away. Not good enough from a brand like JLR.

ron1x1

Post by ron1x1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:13 pm

There's still a possibility it's software related. With people saying JLR is acting like they don't know anything about it, how are they going to apply a fix in the software? They need to find the bug in the software and update the code. Just because a software update is pushed doesn't mean they addressed this specific issue with it. Bugs can live in multiple software versions. Just my 2 cents.

Hooman

Post by Hooman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:40 am

I think we should try to contact with JLR head office instead of dealerships. I am not sure if dealerships transfer the issue to the Engineering department.
Anyone has an direct email from company?

roberoo

Post by roberoo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:03 am

lradvice@jaguarlandrover.com

https://www.landrover.co.uk/contact-us.html

After using this email I have been assigned a case worker. He has direct contact with the engineering team and It’s really helped get things moving with my dealership. He will be the one to Liaise with them directly, cutting out my frustration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D300 R-Dynamic HSE 2018

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 am

Right guys, news here hot off the press

Just has my JLR case worker call me, she says it’s been confirmed by the tech team that it IS a software issue and version update 19b will address the issue. Expect 19b in June. That’s straight from the horses mouth.

roberoo

Post by roberoo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:52 pm

Had a call from JLR today. All 19a software updates suspended again due to issues.

New software out soon, and anyone on 19 currently will be able to update via SOTA over Wi-fi

D300 R-Dynamic HSE 2018

roberoo

Post by roberoo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:52 pm

BootneckShuffle wrote:Right guys, news here hot off the press

Just has my JLR case worker call me, she says it’s been confirmed by the tech team that it IS a software issue and version update 19b will address the issue. Expect 19b in June. That’s straight from the horses mouth.
That’s great news! Finally some hope!

D300 R-Dynamic HSE 2018

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”