Gutted...

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
AnthHFC

Re: Gutted...

Post by AnthHFC » Wed May 01, 2019 12:17 am

Daws4137 wrote:I’d go through the insurance. Judging by the damage to the Volvo (built like tanks ) I’d make sure it was repaired through the correct channels. My daughter was driven into last year and as she was a new driver . I managed not to go through her insurance but claimed through the person who caused it. As a result no increase in her premium thank god.

Might be worth a try as the person who caused it is banged to rights.
Volvo said they will pay and just get a quote off range rover.. I contacted range rover and they said they will give me a quick quote but till they strip it down they won't know the extent of the damage. They got a company that will deal with it but they contact my insurance which defeats the object as my premiums will rise again... to be honest I'm fed up I'm in limbo now but knowing what to do for the best.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ckvelar

Post by Ckvelar » Wed May 01, 2019 8:22 am

Daws4137 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:03 pm
I’d go through the insurance. Judging by the damage to the Volvo (built like tanks ) I’d make sure it was repaired through the correct channels. My daughter was driven into last year and as she was a new driver . I managed not to go through her insurance but claimed through the person who caused it. As a result no increase in her premium thank god.

You still have to declare non fault accidents on your insurance. If not it could invalidate your insurance.

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:33 pm

We did inform our insurance for my daughters crash but as the other party admitted full liability they paid for everything meaning we didn’t actually make a claim through our insurance
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

AnthHFC

Post by AnthHFC » Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Daws4137 wrote:We did inform our insurance for my daughters crash but as the other party admitted full liability they paid for everything meaning we didn’t actually make a claim through our insurance
Thanks for the advice, I spoke to my insurance and they let me deal directly with the repairer and they transferred me through. I then spoke with Land Rover Stratstone Sunderland who were really helpful and they advised who is there approved repairer and not the company that was going to pick my car up. They advised me it's your car and not your fault so you can demand you want it fixed at the land Rover approved repairer and to ask for all part numbers that they use so that all are genuine parts... I also get an X5 delivery tomorrow as a courtesy car so my mind is now at rest..

AnthHFC

Post by AnthHFC » Wed May 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Ckvelar wrote:
Daws4137 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:03 pm
I’d go through the insurance. Judging by the damage to the Volvo (built like tanks ) I’d make sure it was repaired through the correct channels. My daughter was driven into last year and as she was a new driver . I managed not to go through her insurance but claimed through the person who caused it. As a result no increase in her premium thank god.

You still have to declare non fault accidents on your insurance. If not it could invalidate your insurance.
Thanks I've done that now..

AnthHFC

Post by AnthHFC » Thu May 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Well got my car back and had a BMW X5 18 plate whilst ours was being repaired and how I've missed the Velar.. the ride, comfort is way better in the Velar and as the wife wanted the X5 before I bought the Velar she even said glad we opted for the Velar...

We88ie

Post by We88ie » Fri May 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Exactly the same Velar 1 - 0 Yodels Iveco with radiator all bust. Sat stationary whilst they were doing 30mph on his phone. Had it repaired at JLR approved body shop as Admiral wanted their own supplier but asked them to honour the paint warranty and then agreed to switch repair no quibble. Also no damage behind.

BBD405AA-3625-4D23-B4C5-F351D338D5DC.jpeg

51D72417-59D2-4EEF-ADEF-860F5E56528D.jpeg

5C371583-C551-41C6-86AC-F919A18E363F.jpeg

AnthHFC

Post by AnthHFC » Fri May 24, 2019 8:54 pm

We88ie wrote:Exactly the same Velar 1 - 0 Yodels Iveco with radiator all bust. Sat stationary whilst they were doing 30mph on his phone. Had it repaired at JLR approved body shop as Admiral wanted their own supplier but asked them to honour the paint warranty and then agreed to switch repair no quibble. Also no damage behind.
Sure it will look as good as new when repaired. It's your right to take it where you want and get an equivalent courtesy car. A company called Auxillis sorted everything out for Admiral.