Early!

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
kangaman

Early!

Post by kangaman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:09 pm

G'day All from sunny Essex! 8-)

I've had an email today - telling me that my Velar has been built & I could have it in 7-14 days...

Now being the big 50 this year I'm keen on getting a '69' plate.

Am I missing anything but taking it early? - other than the obvious...

The way I see it I can try & sell my GLC privately rather than trade....also surely it will be worth more being a 69 rather than a 19 plate...?

I also like the thought I can give it a proper once over & get any niggles out the way prior to collection (Although its when you use it day to day you'll probably find the problems!) also I'm thinking of getting some sort of Ceramic or similar done prior to my 1st Sept collection - also the dealer needs a few days to get my Sparkle 9007's - powder coated Gloss Black.... :D

I've waited a long time to get my RR Velar (it's a big milestone for me) - I just want everything to be perfect! - like all you owners did I bet!

I've not look, but is there a thread on most common problem's - or do I have to trundle though & make notes? - I ve read the latest snap/crackle & pop which is my biggest worry.

I'm a little excited already :D - but very nervous & apprehensible at the same time :?

This forum has been a big help! - Thank you
Delivery 1st Sept(69) D300 HSE / R Dynamic Black Pack / Eiger Grey with Black contrast roof & Gloss 9007 22" Alloys / Fixed Pano roof / Priv Glass / 360 camera / Heated Steering Wheel & the normal HSE goodies!

Tiiti

Re: Early!

Post by Tiiti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Congrats! :D

When did you order and when we’re you originally expecting it?
Coming September '19 | P250 | R-Dynamic HSE | Silicon Silver | MY20 Reg | 360 Camera | Contrast & Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | More here https://build.landrover/51813557

kangaman

Post by kangaman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:40 pm

Tiiti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:08 pm
Congrats! :D

When did you order and when we’re you originally expecting it?
Ordered 30th March - Long story short - big discount & FDA (Please don't ask we know the sales Manager) was expecting exactly 26/07/2019 as per my Vista Sheet...
Delivery 1st Sept(69) D300 HSE / R Dynamic Black Pack / Eiger Grey with Black contrast roof & Gloss 9007 22" Alloys / Fixed Pano roof / Priv Glass / 360 camera / Heated Steering Wheel & the normal HSE goodies!

Nickp

Post by Nickp » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:25 pm

Congratulations Kangaman, that's great news for you! :)

Could I personally wait over a month knowing it's there... probably not :oops: :lol:

I guess the main thing is yes it will be worth a bit more in the future, but how long do you intend to keep it? if you're keeping it long-term then the difference in registration values will diminish.

But as you say you've got plans to having it Ceramically coated etc before you take delivery then it might be best to take your time, as by the time that is sorted you'll only be a couple of weeks away from September.

One thing that might sway your decision.... is your dealer prepared to offer you anything to take it early? They might have a registration target they want to meet for July/August and it might be worth exploring that option...
Ordered for Sept delivery:

MY20 P250 R-Dynamic SE Metallic Eiger Grey, Oyster/Ebony interior, Black Pack, Fixed Pano Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Config Interior Lighting and Argento Pinstripe Veneer.

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:29 pm

Congratulations!

As others said, I’m not sure I could wait that long knowing it’s there but I guess the value will be worth waiting for. If you can do your checks and get it coated etc then that’s a good use of time.

What’s the colour like? Have you seen it yet?!
On order due for delivery Sept 2019:

MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

kangaman

Post by kangaman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Nickp wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:25 pm
Congratulations Kangaman, that's great news for you! :)

Could I personally wait over a month knowing it's there... probably not :oops: :lol:

I guess the main thing is yes it will be worth a bit more in the future, but how long do you intend to keep it? if you're keeping it long-term then the difference in registration values will diminish.

But as you say you've got plans to having it Ceramically coated etc before you take delivery then it might be best to take your time, as by the time that is sorted you'll only be a couple of weeks away from September.

One thing that might sway your decision.... is your dealer prepared to offer you anything to take it early? They might have a registration target they want to meet for July/August and it might be worth exploring that option...
G'day Nick/All,

My actual eyes on will be 24th Augt - its going to be a 6 weeks!

I had one of the first GLC's - it was a bit of a lemon! - I really hope this whole experience will be different - if not I will be on hear telling you so! :oops:

As I read somewhere no Fri PM or Mon AM car please!!!!!!!! :)

I'm lucky enough to have an ex PDI member in my family who is checking over the car prior to delivery - but my dealer has said I will have to sign a waver before I get the outside prepped coated etc.?

Anyways - I'm a little excited! - My dealer as said has done the best deal possible(really) I know him from my home town...so without even a hint he was fine with the 1st Sept collection - no incentive offered....

I'm born in 1969 - so a 69 Plate suits 8-) Thanks again to everyone! - For listening to me babble on - LOL

KIZZYP

Post by KIZZYP » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:24 pm

I would just say dont go looking for problems where they may or may not exist. Forums though helpful and a great source of information and advice by their very nature tend to be skewed towards those that have had issues. There are many many owners out there who are just enjoying their vehicles with no issues whatsoever. The audio crackling issue however seems to have been highlighted as quite a widespread fault .and in this particular instance its coverage on the forum can reassure owners in pressing the case with dealers /LR. I hope you enjoy your vehicle it is a fabulous motor indeed.
D275 R DYNAMIC SE BYRON BLUE , ACORN LEATHER , SATIN BLONDE VENEER, 21" GLOSS BLACK WHEELS , OPEN PAN ROOF, LED LIGHTING , 360 CAMERA , ON/OFF ROAD PACK. PRIVACY GLASS. SPARE WHEEL.

97 DEFENDER 90
57 FIESTA 1.25 ZETEC
59 CORSA 1.0 ACTIVE

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:35 pm

I’m 100% with KIZZP. My car is awesome . Yes I’ve got the audio issue but its so infrequent i forget about it most of the time . Just get it and enjoy it.
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

AnthHFC

Post by AnthHFC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:27 pm

I've had the odd crackling, and once the screen was blank so couldn't put air con on... but I love my car its class to drive and puts a smile on my face.. and I've had some decent cars to compare against..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:57 pm

So I just got the call, my car has arrived at the dealership!

I can afford to pick it up early but I’m tempted to go look at it and check it over. Any tips or pointers of what to look for?
On order due for delivery Sept 2019:

MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”