Re: Engine fan running most of the time

Post by PAT » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:10 pm

danielmaui wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:54 pm
PAT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:39 pm
danielmaui wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Please keep us updated on what they say/do. Thanks!
Car was in today and was told that the fault was the water pump and that it shouldn’t be driven until it’s replaced.
They’ve ordered a new pump that’s due to arrive tomorrow so will get the car back then.
Curious Pat if that made a difference for you and if they replaced anything else in the process. Did you have to wait a while for the pump to get to the dealer? I'll need to ship mine on a barge to the dealer so wondering if it will take some time for them to get the part while it sits there. Thanks!
The pump arrived the next day and I had the car back the same day, nothing else was replaced and all done under warranty.
Car is now as normal.
R-Dynamic SE P250

RangeRoverChris

Post by RangeRoverChris » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Water Pump Recall:

My Velar is currently in the shop getting its 4th new water pump. I was told that LR has finially recalled the old water pumps several weeks ago and that this "new" water pump is free of the previous faults. Fingers crossed. (Don't ask me about the 2 check engine light repairs I have had in 4 months) Cheers!
19MY R-Dynamic SE P250 Fuji White/Black Contrast Roof

danielmaui

Post by danielmaui » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:58 am

For the past few months, our fan in our 2019 Velar SE was turning on after about 10-minutes of driving and staying on and very loud until auto-stop/start would turn it off but otherwise on continuously. We were able to get it shipped from Maui by barge to our only dealer in Hawaii (Honolulu) via Roadside Assistance since it is warranty work. The completed work order shows:

• JAGUAR RECALL/CAMPAIGN N451 INGENIUM I4 2.0L PETROL COOLANT PUMP (OPERATION)
    CAUSE: PERFORMED RECALL N451
    851803 POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE - UPDATE
    REPLACE ECU
    596 WA7
    FC: PART#: COUNT:
    CLAIM TYPE: 04
    AUTH CODE:
    N451*
    11601 (mileage) N451 PETROL COOLANT PUMP OPERATION
    PERFORMED POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) SOFTWARE UPDATE
The barge for the return is limited now because of COVID-19 so we might not get it back for 3 more weeks so I can't tell if it's been resolved but hopefully it has as it's a major hassle in getting it back to our dealer.
2019 SE P250 R-Dynamic Byron Blue, Black Exterior, Black Contrast Roof, Black Roof Rails, 21-inch 5-Split Spoke Style 5047 w/Diamond Turned Finish

Joshua_vd

Post by Joshua_vd » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:53 am

I had the same problem with my velar (p300). When I called the dealer he said a software update is needed. The next day it was done in the garage under warranty, and it was fixed right away.