Order now in and the wait begins.

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Milky400

Order now in and the wait begins.

Post by Milky400 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:56 pm

After 20 months of problems with my current Velar, the rejection has been agreed and have received a financial settlement.

After deliberating I have put faith back into a new Velar and managed to upgrade from an a D180 S to and D240 HSE (maybe D275).

Spec is;

Firenze Red, satin grey wheels, Black Roof, privacy windows, heated steering wheel (missed that on the old one), dynamic pack, Activity key.

Delivery end of October and looking forward to it arriving, I just hope I’ve not made the wrong decision and putting faith in JLR once again.
Current R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected.

On order:
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Fenton

Re: Order now in and the wait begins.

Post by Fenton » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Let us know at the beginning of November. I'm going to wait to see what happens with this alleged crackle-fix upgrade.

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Fenton wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:06 pm
Let us know at the beginning of November. I'm going to wait to see what happens with this alleged crackle-fix upgrade.
😂

If it’s not as it should be it will be rejected once again and I will be done with JLR for good, after many years of custom.

On order:
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Matty

Post by Matty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 pm

You are a braver man than me! Really hope your 2nd Velar is less of a lemon than the first.
R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Matty wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 pm
You are a braver man than me! Really hope your 2nd Velar is less of a lemon than the first.
Braver or more foolish?!?!?!??!

On order:

Fenton

Post by Fenton » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:45 pm

Please let us know good or bad on the new one. People often don't bother with forums unless it relates queries, research or tales of woe.
And, slightly selfishly, it could affect my own choice too ;) .

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm

So.....

Changed the order to a D275 HSE so lost my slot.

Apparently it’s in the holding pool?!?!? Any ideas how long it will take? Dealer not giving a straight answer.

On order:

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Milky400 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm
So.....

Apparently it’s in the holding pool?!?!? Any ideas how long it will take? Dealer not giving a straight answer.
Probably means the dealer doesn’t know until the order is accepted by JLR. Not sure if it helps, but when on the factory tour last week they said currently lead times are 2-3 months. They did say though they are having a few delays based on 1) coming back from the summer shutdown; 2) setting up and manufacturing prototypes for the 2021 facelift/updated model (I asked for a sneak peek but oddly they wouldn’t let me ;) )
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:35 am

Fenton wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:45 pm
Please let us know good or bad on the new one. People often don't bother with forums unless it relates queries, research or tales of woe.
And, slightly selfishly, it could affect my own choice too ;) .
3,000 miles completed with my replacement Velar. Early days but absolutely no problems with it and has not even been back to dealers for the usual minor tweaks that is expected with a new car.

You do tend to hear of all the issues on forums and it may seem that the car is plagued with problems but this is true for forums on all cars.
R-Dynamic S D180 - Fuji White - Black Pack - 20" Style 7014 7 spoke Gloss Black - Privacy Glass - Panoramic Roof - Scotland

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 am

Haybrd wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:09 pm
Milky400 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm
So.....

Probably means the dealer doesn’t know until the order is accepted by JLR. Not sure if it helps, but when on the factory tour last week they said currently lead times are 2-3 months. They did say though they are having a few delays based on 1) coming back from the summer shutdown; 2) setting up and manufacturing prototypes for the 2021 facelift/updated model (I asked for a sneak peek but oddly they wouldn’t let me ;) )
Fingers crossed it’s nearer 2 months. My previous delivery slot was 20th October so shouldn’t be to far beyond that. Just be glad to get rid of this dog and hope the new one’s much improved, which it appears they are.

On order:

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”