Rejecting Velar

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Andy S

Re: Rejecting Velar

Post by Andy S » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:47 pm

If you have finance, your contract is with the finance company, and it is them you have to contact to start the process.

As other have said, always use email.
If something has not been rectified, tell them at once as it stops the clock.

Rejecting in 30 days is very straightforward
Rejecting in first six months is also quite straightforward, but there will be a mileage deduction. Black Horse quote that they have 'an agreement with the Ombudsman' that this is 45p per mile.. but there will be some room to negotiate.

If you have all the emails / evidence, it was likely that the car was never right, and you should be able to reject with few deductions.

if they do charge you mileage deduction, dont forget to take off:
dealer added miles
miles to and from dealer
your own mileage testing the car to see if the dealer had done their job properly

Then you have compensation for distress etc...

Kingoyinbo

Post by Kingoyinbo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:04 pm

AJR300 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:45 pm
Answers to the questions....

1) They could not find any stock vehicle similar so I am getting a brand new car but built to order (the first car was a stock vehicle) so going for a similar car but in Byron blue, opening panaromic roof (instead of fixed), fog lights and premium trim pack, all round camers (instead of just rear), air suspension (wouldn't be without it but as part of dynamic pack so it adds in all the off road extras). The deal is a pence per mile rate until date of rejection, use of the car until new car arrives, the price of old car is calculated at current prices then netted off against new car, there's a slight extra to pay. I am maintaining the original finance deal as the finance residuals are a lot lower so a 3 year deal but with a 2 year old car at the end. Ultimately a low cost year's motoring to set off the hassle. I discussed changing to an RR Sport or I Pace but that would have been complicated but that's not an issue as 99% of the time it's a great car to drive, both faster, better specced, more comfortable and better handling than the Porshce Cayenne I had before.

2) Your contract is always with the dealer so you have to start there and you MUST put it in writing. I would also recommend that if you have meetings that you confirm by email your understanding of the discussions and agreement made/not made.They will always back everything on to JLR and should handle everything with them but remember you have no contract with JLR. If you have finance they are another line as technically they own the vehicle. In my case JLR started playing s***y b*****s and wanted ridiculous payments and about 5 weeks passed and we were no further forward. I contacted LR Finance and they were slow to get a client manager started but once there they seemed as though they actually could have been very proactive. However by this time I had got annoyed about time passing so I contacted someone senior at JLR customer service and sent them a video of the car and it's problem. Amazingly it then took just 2 hours for a reasonable agreement to be reached. I could not fault the dealer as the deal reached was exactly what they said it should have been at the 1st meeting and they continually worked towards it. We even got an agreement on the servicing package that I had bought as that stays with the car.

Even getting a VIP tour of the factory to see the new car being built. Anyone know what the 2020 spec changes are?
I got the car March 1st. Using 45P per mile I’ll have to pay £9400 ish for the miles used which seems ridiculous considering the I had no choice but to drive with the Broken car from the get go. I will contact both of them first thing Monday morning.

Thanks for your reply!

Edit: nvm my maths was way off. I’d have to pay 2700 which is much more reasonable!

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:38 am

When I rejected mine I would have had to pay around £4.500 in mileage charges and would have had to fight to get it down to this figure as they quoted double!.

The dealer does not want you to walk away and should offer you a good deal on a brand new replacement car (they record a new sale). It will normally have to be brand new car as they will be asking JLR to contribute towards the cost. (it also makes financial sense for you to negotiate a good deal on a new car as you should be able to negotiate a great deal and not pay the mileage charge)

In my case I ended up with a higher spec, more expensive car, what the dealer had to do was to base the finance on the previous car's deal. They kept same terms i.e length of pcp, mileage etc and kept adding money to the dealer contributions until the monthly payments reduced to what we were paying.

I had previously negotiated a service package and additional years warranty on faulty vehicle and got them transferred to new vehicle. I also got the replacement 2 days before the tax was due on old vehicle and new one supplied with a year's tax saving over £400

Once the dealer/JLR/finance agree the rejection then the ball is firmly in your court, and the last thing they want is for you to take the money and buy a car elsewhere.

The hardest part is getting them to accept the rejection in the first place.
R-Dynamic S D180 - Fuji White - Black Pack - 20" Style 7014 7 spoke Gloss Black - Privacy Glass - Panoramic Roof - Scotland

AJR300

Post by AJR300 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am

It does seem as though it is handled differently by different dealers. My mileage was relatively low when I rejected it (though it will go back with over 12,000 miles on it) and there was no need to negotiate a deal as it is effectively a straight swop and the original deal was very keen anyway. Best OP can do is know what others have achieved and be forearmed in the negotiations. We all learn - for example I was told categorically that the Service Package must stay with the car - I will re-open that discussion!

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:21 am

AJR300 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am
It does seem as though it is handled differently by different dealers. My mileage was relatively low when I rejected it (though it will go back with over 12,000 miles on it) and there was no need to negotiate a deal as it is effectively a straight swop and the original deal was very keen anyway. Best OP can do is know what others have achieved and be forearmed in the negotiations. We all learn - for example I was told categorically that the Service Package must stay with the car - I will re-open that discussion!
I think on the JLR website it says for buying a new car you can transfer your service plan over so I’d push for it.
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:14 am

Haybrd wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:21 am
AJR300 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am
I think on the JLR website it says for buying a new car you can transfer your service plan over so I’d push for it.
Any chance of sending a link or screen shot? as I am battling to get mine transferred

Thanks.
Current R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected.

On order:
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:16 pm

This is talking about new plans it seems but worth pushing for

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/service-and-maintenance/service-plan-benefits.html
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Milky400 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:14 am
Any chance of sending a link or screen shot? as I am battling to get mine transferred

Thanks.
TRANSFERABLE & REFUNDABLE
If you decide to sell your Land Rover, the remaining balance on your Service Plan can be transferred to a new model, or refunded straight back into your account.
If you already have a service pack than the dealership already has the money for it and there should not be an issue swapping it onto a new car or to cancel it and issue another. I would dig my heels in and perhaps threaten them with consumer rights etc.
R-Dynamic S D180 - Fuji White - Black Pack - 20" Style 7014 7 spoke Gloss Black - Privacy Glass - Panoramic Roof - Scotland

AJR300

Post by AJR300 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 pm

Just looked up the contract and that definitely does not allow transfers. Not too worried as we have an agreement which should cover the new service plans when they actually arrive.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”