SOTA / 19b

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Fenton
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:40 pm
Location: UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by Fenton » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 pm

Blimey! You have a Velar and RRS and the problems persist?
I was going to move up to RRS with the Ingenium straight 6. The disease has spread it seems.
I think I'll abandon and get a Defender and then wait for a major redo of Velar or RRS.

roberoo
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by roberoo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:32 pm

Fenton wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 pm
Blimey! You have a Velar and RRS and the problems persist?
I was going to move up to RRS with the Ingenium straight 6. The disease has spread it seems.
I think I'll abandon and get a Defender and then wait for a major redo of Velar or RRS.
Yeah. It’s been a Nightmare, I’m literally about to abandon the Land Rover brand completely.

I also see jaguar f pace has the same crackle issues.
D300 R-Dynamic HSE 2018

roberoo
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by roberoo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:16 am




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D300 R-Dynamic HSE 2018

Gervel300d
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:47 pm
Location: GER

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by Gervel300d » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 am

Im crackle free since 19b update several weeks ago. No issues with audio.

cianelectric
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 am
Location: UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by cianelectric » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Anyone know if I should be able to get SOTA updates?

Think the dealer might need to enable it for me remotely...

4A0471FD-8A13-42D1-807D-FD2CF93FF017.jpeg

D240 SE Corris / Acorn Leather with lots of options (including extended leather, aluminium door trim, sliding roof, air suspension, electric tow bar, activity key)
Thinkware dashcam front and rear

User avatar
MikeJL
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by MikeJL » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:45 pm

cianelectric wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm
Anyone know if I should be able to get SOTA updates?

Think the dealer might need to enable it for me remotely...
Yes, ask your dealer (some are more switched on & cooperative than others)
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 20B

Simonh
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:44 pm
Location: Shropshire, UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by Simonh » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Weirdly after the initial 19B update I’m still not seeing the latest version being offered at all.

Appears they built the front end for it (for us) but still haven’t finished the back end properly to actually deliver updates to customers.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

yasmar
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:23 am
Location: Scotland

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by yasmar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:41 am

cianelectric wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm
Anyone know if I should be able to get SOTA updates?

Think the dealer might need to enable it for me remotely...
Mine updated itself last week without asking the dealer, Apple Car play is Brilliant!
MY19.5 2.0D 180 R-Dynamic S Velar in Firenze Red with panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20" Black 7 split-spoke alloys (7014)
Gone MY16.5 DS HSE 2.0 Litre Diesel Automatic

cianelectric
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 am
Location: UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by cianelectric » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Mine is showing 19b as an available update... twice it’s taken a long time to download and then when it looks like it’s moving to install it, it goes back to “search for updates. It looks like it is refusing to update from 18C to 19B but doesn’t give an error... it just keeps going round the loop of downloading it, trying to install then downloading again. Anyone else had this?
D240 SE Corris / Acorn Leather with lots of options (including extended leather, aluminium door trim, sliding roof, air suspension, electric tow bar, activity key)
Thinkware dashcam front and rear

Haybrd
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: UK

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by Haybrd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:47 pm

cianelectric wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:27 pm
Mine is showing 19b as an available update... twice it’s taken a long time to download and then when it looks like it’s moving to install it, it goes back to “search for updates. It looks like it is refusing to update from 18C to 19B but doesn’t give an error... it just keeps going round the loop of downloading it, trying to install then downloading again. Anyone else had this?
Mine took around 20-25mins to download and then I locked the car and left it for another 25mins to install. Does it ever get to the ready to install stage? (I was going from 19A to 19B)
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Post Reply