Velar SVAD Further Delays :(

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
tilak.kotecha

Velar SVAD Further Delays :(

Post by tilak.kotecha » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:56 am

Hi All,

I sold my P380 in April as I was initially told Build of the SVAD would be in May, then it pushed to June, then September then October.

2 weeks ago I was told build would be completed on 6th September and as of today I have been told there is a further 2-3 weeks delay.

Would anyone at JLR on this forum or anyone else be able to share what the delay is for?

Below is email forwarded to me from sales.

"Hi ,

Hope you are ok.

As per latest Supply Bulletin :

Range Rover Velar SVAD

We have been advised that there is a delay to the manufacture of Range Rover Velar SVAD orders. Early indication is a 2-3 week delay, although this is not confirmed and we will advise when we have further information.

Kind regards

Sarah

Order Control Team

JLR UK NSC Sales Operations"

thanks

T

Milky400

Re: Velar SVAD Further Delays :(

Post by Milky400 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:16 pm

They had better hurry up before there contract with ford engines expires.
Current R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected.

On order:
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

philwett

Post by philwett » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:06 am

Hi

I‘m waiting for delivery of my new SVA here in Switzerland. Initially ordered back in March for delivery on 23rd September.

Today I received word from my dealer, that the delivery is postponed to early November. This is due to „technical changes“.

Apparently the manufacturing was stopped overall and will be continued coming week.

This is pitty, but I surely hope that they had good reason for that. Better wait for a car without technical issues that have one with issues.

Cheers
Phil
Velar SVA on order for early November delivery:
Eiger Grey, black interior, fully equiped with all available options (except for rear-seat entertainment screens)

Currently driving (to be sold):
Jaguar XFR-S 2014, 5.0 V8, 551 PS, dark grey

tilak.kotecha

Post by tilak.kotecha » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:30 am

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for your post.

I appreciate your update, makes more sense compared to what JLR are telling me.

Indeed, "better a car without technical issues"

I just wish JLR would communicate better with their customers.

thanks

T

HarryR

Re: Velar SVAD Further Delays [emoji20]

Post by HarryR » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:48 pm

tilak.kotecha wrote:I just wish JLR would communicate better with their customers.
Me too. It's almost two months since I ordered and I've heard absolutely nothing. No build date, no delivery date, not even an estimate.

When I ordered, the dealer said it would be about two months so by rights I would have been getting it sometime soon. As it stands I have no idea.

For a manufacturer that talks about JIT processes that deliver parts to the production line at exactly the right time, you would think they'd be able to reasonably predict where an order is in their pipeline and based on their order book be able to let the customer know.

I can only hope that any deliberate delay is to correct some of the known problems often reported here and that I'll end up with a trouble-free vehicle. We shall see.

tilak.kotecha

Post by tilak.kotecha » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Agreed Harry!

Maybe you could contact your dealer for the build number and then contact JLR HQ in Solihull for an update.

In fairness I placed an order in late Feb when the car was advertised to the public, I customized to requirements and the sale guys sent to JLR.

I sold my P380 In late March to maximise the return value and I was told in May that they are now only taking actual orders so luckily my order (which was in the pool) was one of the first few from my dealer.

I think I am now just impatient as afew friends have also purchased their vehicles ( Audi Q8 and Q7) and both have been delivered and they are just bragging. I need this V8 to put them back into their place!

I would hope JLR would compensate in some sort for the delays as the delivery date keeps being pushed!!

Thanks

T

TeddyM

Post by TeddyM » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:15 pm

I got my SVAD in Germany on the 10th of August, Build was said to be 3rd of May and initial delivery was supposed to be 14th of June. Have some issues with the quality and the engine is very rough in the morning when cold. Any info about the "technical changes" ? I would be not amused if there would be an better and improved version of the SVAD after a few builds.
Images of my SVAD @https://www.instagram.com/nonveganfoodcarlover/

TeddyM

Post by TeddyM » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:29 pm

First impressions after a few kilometers with the Velar SV Autobiography Dynamic. At first glance, it is noticeable that this car is really beautiful and has very nice details and proportions. Line management is in all respects very very conclusive. The ordered dark rims in 21 inches fit very well to the vehicle, only the assembled summer tires do not quite fit the brand Range Rover and will be swapped for all-season tires.
The gap dimensions, e.g. in the area of ​​the rear do not quite correspond to the claim of a perfectionist customer. The revised details of the R-Dynamic are very well done, especially the uniform side flank without color accents are very pleasing to the eye. The 4 exhaust covers with 4 associated tailpipes fit well with the overall picture of the vehicle. A very powerful engine, which does not run quite and smooth as you would expect from a V8 in this class and causes clear vibrations in the interior in the morning.
The acceleration is terrific, there are no delays in the throttle response and you can feel the power of the engine in any situation, but without irritating the driver and demanding fast driving. The sound of the engine is in normal mode and sport mode very pleasant and not intrusive. The suspension is very balanced and designed for comfort, but the automatic setting at higher speeds could be optimized, especially on German Autobahn and sportier designed. When switching to dynamic mode manually, driving is pleasant and safe even at higher speeds. Overall, the suspension tuning is very consistent and the vehicle can be moved with ease, especially the improved agility and lightness compared to a Range Rover Sport and also an R-Dynamikc Velar or F-Pace R. Overall, the car is more a Gran Turismo with excellent terrain characteristics compared to an SUV or offroader.
Brakes are top - not as good as a Porsche Cayenne but with good deceleration and the car stays stable with heavy deceleration. The setting of the geometry / alignment is not optimal, because the vehicle pulls to the left and the steering wheel is not straight, this dull the demand for quality and the final inspection when leaving the factory. Minor wind noise is absent or low even at higher speeds. The interior is at first glance beautiful and clear, the operating system with 2 screens, after a brief dunking understandable and structured. The system is a bit sluggish overall, so you should allow time after boarding until the whole system is up.

To the details that could possibly disturb and disturb me: The plastic below the seat line is rather cheap in terms of feel and workmanship, some with sharp edges and also in the entry area very scratch sensitive. A rubber gasket on the driver door is also displaced and looks ugly. For a Autobiography version of the Velar, you would also want a logo on the key and engraved elements in the center console area. Also the Image of a R-Dynamic Velar in the lower Display disturbs me. In the interior there is little noise, in my vehicle in the area of ​​the left rear door, but these can be fixed. Summary: Overall, very nice vehicle with powerful engine, but small details slightly restrict the overall impression and the promised perfection of SVO.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”