Auto Start/Stop

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
jamieh

Auto Start/Stop

Post by jamieh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am

I think I know the answer to this question but I’ll ask it anyway...is there a way to permanently disable the auto start/stop? I’m sure it helps save fuel but I personally hate the engine cutting out every time I pull up at traffic lights, so manually switch it off every time I get in the car. It should be the driver’s decision. Same for the driving mode - if the driver wants it in R-Dynamic LR should let them keep it in R-Dynamic, and not have us manually reset to desired preferences every time the car is turned on 😡

Milky400

Re: Auto Start/Stop

Post by Milky400 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:14 pm

Feel your pain, i wish there was other than driving in a off road mode
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

MITO

Post by MITO » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:19 pm

I assume the default modes (auto stop/start on and the comfort setting on vehicle startup) cannot be automatically turned to something different to meet emissions standards. Agree it would be nice to have more control over this.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 pm

It would be great test. The car already meets emissions standards though. Not quite sure what you mean...

I tried ECO mode and couldn’t really see much benefit in fuel consumption TBH. Anyone else seen a marked improvement of using ECO ?
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:02 am

Simonh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 pm
It would be great test. The car already meets emissions standards though. Not quite sure what you mean...

I tried ECO mode and couldn’t really see much benefit in fuel consumption TBH. Anyone else seen a marked improvement of using ECO ?
Depends, town driving I saw the biggest gain in mpg. Motorway it made little difference as it turns various consuming items off, air con, cooling seats for example, which I turn back on.
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 am

Might try it again then next time I'm in an urban area :)
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

newkarian

Post by newkarian » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:17 am

Hey guys i have a 2019 Velar p380 HSE. I have had the car for 4 months and have been annoyed by the autostart feature. After hours of calling the dealer and sifting through the net. I finally figured it out. My autostart is 100% disabled now. I used the suggestion from another forum for a 2017 jaguar. Its basically the same, only the velar are easier. There is no clip to remove. All you have to do start peeling back the weather stripping on the capret by the door area and the pull the carpet out and there are two clips holding the carpet. The top pull down and out. Now you can see inside and the plugs are exactly the same as in the link. This literally took me 3 minutes to complete. Just did a test drive and im super happy. heres the link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/disengage-auto-stop-start-2017-f-pace-167370/

your welcome

Aaron

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:16 pm

Still failing to see what the point of disabling this is. If you want the motor running (for instance for a quick getaway at a junction or on a slope) just give the steering wheel a slight tug, engine starts back up. In normal driving the car moves off without delay. By the time your foot has gone from the brake to the accelerator, the engines started up again... Only time I ever want to turn it off is when I get to my driveway and I need to get out to open the gates and don't want the faff of restarting the engine when I get back in.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19

newkarian

Post by newkarian » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Simonh,

Its definitely personal preference. In my case i live in a small city with not much traffic and alot of stop signs. The start feature is more of an nuisance here and just makes me feel awkward driving it. Another thing, i didn't buy an iphone for one major reason and thats the control they have over a device you purchased. Car companies are starting to do the same with not allowing their customers tailor their vehicles to their own personal preference.

my opinion,

Aaron

Pollo de muerte

Post by Pollo de muerte » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:25 pm

I live in a humid subtropical climate and for the majority of the year auto-stop can only be off for a short while before turning the car back on to keep the cabin bearable. If the car could remain off through an entire traffic light cycle, I might feel differently, but the efficiency gains in my case are minimal.

I've rented cars in Europe (Ireland, Germany/Austria) with auto-stop and the length of time that the engine can remain off is much longer in those cooler climates.
2019 Velar HSE P380