Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Black Grill Badge

19K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  kangaman 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Has anyone replaced their green front grill badge with an OEM black one? If anyone has any photos or advice on the install that would be great.

#7 ·
VelarBlack said:
https://www.lrparts.net/dag500160-supercharged-oval-badge-black-silver-for-use-on-grille-of-vehicles-not-discovery-4.html

This is what I had in mind
I see - just a note is states 'for use on rear' ? suspect you've spotted that & it probably makes no difference to the fitment....

I'm a little torn as I was thinking RR ones, but I'm note sure now....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-Range-Rover-Black-Silver-Sport-Front-Grille-Badge-Land-Rover-Black/401830608714?hash=item5d8ef87f4a:g:wT0AAOSwnhldP0Gd

#8 ·
kangaman said:
VelarBlack said:
https://www.lrparts.net/dag500160-supercharged-oval-badge-black-silver-for-use-on-grille-of-vehicles-not-discovery-4.html

I see - just a note is states 'for use on rear' ? suspect you've spotted that & it probably makes no difference to the fitment....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-Range-Rover-Black-Silver-Sport-Front-Grille-Badge-Land-Rover-Black/401830608714?hash=item5d8ef87f4a:g:wT0AAOSwnhldP0Gd
As far as I can tell the description reads ' DAG500160 - SUPERCHARGED OVAL BADGE - BLACK / SILVER (FOR USE ON GRILLE OF VEHICLES - NOT DISCOVERY 4)' - Use on Grille.

I'm a big fan of the OEM look, but a few subtle custom touches look perfect.

I've got black wheel nuts to compliment my black wheels, and i've had my tailpipes refinished in black too.

#9 ·
VelarBlack said:
kangaman said:
VelarBlack said:

As far as I can tell the description reads ' DAG500160 - SUPERCHARGED OVAL BADGE - BLACK / SILVER (FOR USE ON GRILLE OF VEHICLES - NOT DISCOVERY 4)' - Use on Grille.

I've got black wheel nuts to compliment my black wheels, and i've had my tailpipes refinished in black too.
You sound like a man after my own heart! :lol: - been looking for ages for Black wheel nuts - very expensive....can you point me to the black exhaust pics - must be some on here?...if not please take a pic! - how did you do the tips?

I've done the dead pedal, door pull inserts & centre console cubby holes with the aluminum VELAR of ebay look good & good value :)

#10 ·
kangaman said:
VelarBlack said:
kangaman said:

You sound like a man after my own heart! :lol: - been looking for ages for Black wheel nuts - very expensive....can you point me to the black exhaust pics - must be a thread on here?...if not please take a pic! - how did you do the tips?

I've done the dead pedal, door pull inserts & centre console cubby holes with the aluminum VELAR of ebay looks good & good value :) - also got the RR Blush matts for £90 9RRP was like £219)

#11 ·
kangaman said:
VelarBlack said:
kangaman said:

You sound like a man after my own heart! :lol: - been looking for ages for Black wheel nuts - very expensive....can you point me to the black exhaust pics - must be some on here?...if not please take a pic! - how did you do the tips?

I've done the dead pedal, door pull inserts & centre console cubby holes with the aluminum VELAR of ebay look good & good value :)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

I ordered and fitted these:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223563008465

What do you think?

Attachments

#12 ·
Looks very smart! Very stealthy! - did you fit them? easy?
I got my front (LR) emblem today - I've been assured by the seller it will fit - some don't apparently…
I'm really rubbish about fitting anything - but the you tube vids look easy!

Attachments

#13 ·
kangaman said:
Looks very smart! Very stealthy! - did you fit them? easy?
I got my front (LR) emblem today - I've been assured by the seller it will fit - some don't apparently…
I'm really rubbish about fitting anything - but the you tube vids look easy!
Yep each trim is secured by two screws that just pop out.

Really looking forward to seeing the finished photos of your fitted badges.

#14 ·
So having had the front and rear badges delivered I have hit a bit of a dilemma and happy for opinions on it!

The front has been done and happy with that, but having seen the rear of VelarBlack's debadged beauty and am now thinking do I debadge mine?!

Poorly (very poorly) photoshopped, but you get the idea. If I keep the badges the green one will be replaced by the black and silver version.

Should they stay or should they go?

#15 ·
chunkbox said:
So having had the front and rear badges delivered I have hit a bit of a dilemma and happy for opinions on it!

The front has been done and happy with that, but having seen the rear of VelarBlack's debadged beauty and am now thinking do I debadge mine?!

Poorly (very poorly) photoshopped, but you get the idea. If I keep the badges the green one will be replaced by the black and silver version.

Any photos of the front?

Mine is debaged on the back, if you scroll up on the thread (y) debadge all the way for me. No regrets at all. I've taken off the rear LR badge, and the side R-dynamic badges too.

#17 ·
VelarBlack said:
chunkbox said:

Any photos of the front?

Mine is debaged on the back, if you scroll up on the thread (y) debadge all the way for me. No regrets at all. I've taken off the rear LR badge, and the side R-dynamic badges too.
Hoping to collect later today. He hasnt sent me photos of the front, but I will get one later hopefully. I have gone with swap and if I dont like it i will take them off later!

#18 ·
chunkbox said:
VelarBlack said:
chunkbox said:

Any photos of the front?

Hoping to collect later today. He hasnt sent me photos of the front, but I will get one later hopefully. I have gone with swap and if I dont like it i will take them off later!
Just realised your message read 'having seen the rear of VelarBlack's debadged beauty'! Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to your update...I was super tempted to do black rear too

#20 ·
paull1210 said:
I did the same as Velar black, no badge on rear looks much better. Just be careful when you are removing the original green badge of the front as its easy to damage the grill.
The grille was off on mine, and bit of heat on the rear plus a little hole through the back of it allows it to push out quite easily. I can see it would be easy to damage if you go at it from the front.

#21 ·
chunkbox said:
paull1210 said:
I did the same as Velar black, no badge on rear looks much better. Just be careful when you are removing the original green badge of the front as its easy to damage the grill.
The grille was off on mine, and bit of heat on the rear plus a little hole through the back of it allows it to push out quite easily. I can see it would be easy to damage if you go at it from the front.
Thanks for the heads up...I might take the grill off if its a easy enough ;)
My Gloss black EOM wheel nuts kit are on the way...I think Ebay £125 was reasonable under the circumstances :D compared to new...

#22 ·
kangaman said:
chunkbox said:
paull1210 said:
Thanks for the heads up...I might take the grill off if its a easy enough ;)
My Gloss black EOM wheel nuts kit are on the way...I think Ebay £125 was reasonable under the circumstances :D compared to new...I keep adding to the Velar - is there a thread where everyone shows off the accessories?

#24 ·
Barachus said:
VelarBlack said:
Barachus said:
For the grill, I just stuck the new one over the old badge
Any photos?
I was going to do the rear as well, but as soon as I took the green one off, I liked the bare look soo much, that I didn't bother fitting the black one
Thank you!

Few photos zoomed out would be appreciated when you have a spare moment.

Which part number did you use?

#25 ·
VelarBlack said:
Barachus said:
VelarBlack said:
Any photos?
I was going to do the rear as well, but as soon as I took the green one off, I liked the bare look soo much, that I didn't bother fitting the black one
Thank you!

This is mine, zoomed out a bit. If you want it further then let me know.

I used this part https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Land-Rover-Discovery-Sport-BLACK-SILVER-front-grlle-oval-badge-grill-LRB/383081941538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It was genuine and turned up in JLR packaging. I haven't got that to hand to quote the part number on the packaging.

#26 ·
chunkbox said:
VelarBlack said:
Barachus said:
Thank you!

This is mine, zoomed out a bit. If you want it further then let me know.

I used this part https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Land-Rover-Discovery-Sport-BLACK-SILVER-front-grlle-oval-badge-grill-LRB/383081941538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It was genuine and turned up in JLR packaging. I haven't got that to hand to quote the part number on the packaging.
Thank you.

Love the look!

I'll scope out the ease of installation tonight and if it looks easy enough i'll be doing the same!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.