Funny noise from steering...?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Haybrd

Re: Funny noise from steering...?

Post by Haybrd » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:01 pm

kangaman wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:52 pm
OK...so had a play with the dash today - my apologies - I never knew there was the menu from steering wheel, I assumed it only work the stereo
etc...lol :lol: I was try to do all setting from the 2nd screen! - all sorted with paddles also added the self lowering on exit... :)
You’ve a whole new world of exploring to do now in that menu :)
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Robby334

Post by Robby334 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:52 am

I have a similar low sounding, high pitched humming coming from the steering wheel when turning. I also had this with my previous SUV ( 2017 Acura MDX). The same solution has helped me: using the button on the left of the steering wheel column, make a slight adjustment of the position of your steering wheel, as for some reason, this has worked for me to alleviate this sound. I hope this helps!

kangaman

Post by kangaman » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:09 am

Robby334 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:52 am
I have a similar low sounding, high pitched humming coming from the steering wheel when turning. I also had this with my previous SUV ( 2017 Acura MDX). The same solution has helped me: using the button on the left of the steering wheel column, make a slight adjustment of the position of your steering wheel, as for some reason, this has worked for me to alleviate this sound. I hope this helps!
Thank you for reply Robby334,

Unfortunately for me the issue is still there! - I lived in hope for a little while :lol: - thanks for the input - it may help others also ;)
(69) D300 HSE / R Dynamic Black Pack / Eiger Grey with black contrast roof & black gloss 9007 22" Alloys / Fixed Pano roof / Priv Glass / 360 camera / Heated Steering Wheel & the normal HSE goodies!

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”