Velar unlock Shortcut

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
marcocarnevali

Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by marcocarnevali » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am

Hello guys, I created a shortcut for the iPhone that can open your car. The beautiful thing is that you can add Siri to the shortcut so you can say: Ehi Siri unlock my velar, and it will unlock the car!!! It’s so cool trust me. So I thought about sharing it with you:
http://ceesty.com/w43hxF

What you have to do is open the shortcut and fill your car information, the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don’t worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover, the shortcut is saved on your device and you can even see on the shortcut detail that only Range Rover APIs are used. Let me know what do you think, and if it works for you!

tspdavey

Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by tspdavey » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 am

marcocarnevali wrote:Hello guys, I created a shortcut for the iPhone that can open your car. The beautiful thing is that you can add Siri to the shortcut so you can say: Ehi Siri unlock my velar, and it will unlock the car!!! It’s so cool trust me. So I thought about sharing it with you:
http://ceesty.com/w43hxF

What you have to do is open the shortcut and fill your car information, the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don’t worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover, the shortcut is saved on your device and you can even see on the shortcut detail that only Range Rover APIs are used. Let me know what do you think, and if it works for you!
Thanks but how about you remove the ad page and just post a link directly to the shortcut download?

My phone is blocking it from downloading (adblocker)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barachus

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by Barachus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:19 am

Interesting! I didn’t realise Range Rover had public APIs for this
I might try to create a remote climate shortcut
Thanks

basel

Post by basel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 pm

marcocarnevali wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am
... the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don’t worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover
:mrgreen: of course ... I enter my credentials ... and should I feel comfortable? But please ... :mrgreen:
Velar P250 SE

marcocarnevali

Post by marcocarnevali » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm

basel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 pm
marcocarnevali wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am
... the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don’t worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover
:mrgreen: of course ... I enter my credentials ... and should I feel comfortable? But please ... :mrgreen:
What do you mean with this?

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Anyone tried this?
Does it work?
Is it safe?

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:54 pm

I also was alerted to this being malware and my iPhone blocked this.

Won’t trust this!
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 pm

I had a dig around, Anyone thats worried about safety should take a look here
https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/6250319/RznBMzqo?version=latest

He is using JLR APIs, the same as what the Official App uses, so nothing dodgy is going on
You can even look at the syntax of the iOS shortcut he created and create your own shortcuts for other car functions to be controlled with Siri

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Ok, happy to give Marco the benefit of the doubt. But so far my iPhone registers is as malware and subsequently blocks it.
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Well you need to flip the setting on your iPhone to allow unauthorised 3rd party shortcuts
It’s off by default

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”