Velar unlock Shortcut

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Pfalder
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 am
Location: UK

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by Pfalder » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi Marco I think it’s a great idea and generous of you to share it. As a fellow tech lover I will take a close look at what you have created.
Range Rover Velar D300 R Dynamic HSE - Byron Blue - ebony - black pack


User avatar
basel
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 7:04 am
Location: Italy

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by basel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:47 am

marcocarnevali wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm
basel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 pm
marcocarnevali wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am
... the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don’t worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover
:mrgreen: of course ... I enter my credentials ... and should I feel comfortable? But please ... :mrgreen:
What do you mean with this?
I beg your pardon Marco ... I misunderstood that message ... I even thought that your account had been taken by someone else ...

Your report about the API is really interesting.

Great job, thank you.
Velar P250 SE

Image


BootneckShuffle
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by BootneckShuffle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Anyone actually using this shortcut then?


Graeme
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 am
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by Graeme » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks for sharing Marco.

I'm using latest ios and managed to get this working yesterday! A good 5-10 seconds between asking Siri to "unlock velar" and the doors actually unlocking. But still a cool feature.

Now for your next challenge... can you create a "lock velar" shortcut? :)

D240 R-Dynamic HSE (September 2019 MY20)
Narvik Black, Light oyster/ebony interior
Black Pack, Sliding Pano Roof, 9007 22" alloys
Heated steering wheel, Priv glass
Dynamic Pack, Amb lighting, 360 Camera


Barachus
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by Barachus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:23 am

Mine works a lot faster than that, with AirPods in my ears, walking up to the car, I say it and the car unlocks before I get to it

If you look at the steps in the shortcut and the api link, you can create the lock Velar yourself quite easily


Graeme
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 am
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by Graeme » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:43 am

Could possibly be down to my network connection, it's poor in my area. Will have another play around with it later!

Am i right in thinking that it will unlock even if the key is not in range? Just have to be careful not to say the command when out and about if so!

D240 R-Dynamic HSE (September 2019 MY20)
Narvik Black, Light oyster/ebony interior
Black Pack, Sliding Pano Roof, 9007 22" alloys
Heated steering wheel, Priv glass
Dynamic Pack, Amb lighting, 360 Camera


Barachus
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by Barachus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am

Graeme wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:43 am
Could possibly be down to my network connection, it's poor in my area. Will have another play around with it later!

Am i right in thinking that it will unlock even if the key is not in range? Just have to be careful not to say the command when out and about if so!
Yes it will unlock without the key in range, it’s basically the same as unlocking from the app
You can say it halfway across the world and it will unlock😂


marcocarnevali
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: IT

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by marcocarnevali » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:46 am

Graeme wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:16 am
Thanks for sharing Marco.

I'm using latest ios and managed to get this working yesterday! A good 5-10 seconds between asking Siri to "unlock velar" and the doors actually unlocking. But still a cool feature.

Now for your next challenge... can you create a "lock velar" shortcut? :)
Yeah I can share it!
That’s why I was thinking to create a third party app with Siri integration for all features currently available on the Range Rover app


marcocarnevali
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: IT

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by marcocarnevali » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:50 am

You can even create an automation that when you are near your garage, it will open it automatically


Barachus
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Velar unlock Shortcut

Post by Barachus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 am

marcocarnevali wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:46 am
Graeme wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:16 am
Thanks for sharing Marco.

I'm using latest ios and managed to get this working yesterday! A good 5-10 seconds between asking Siri to "unlock velar" and the doors actually unlocking. But still a cool feature.

Now for your next challenge... can you create a "lock velar" shortcut? :)
Yeah I can share it!
That’s why I was thinking to create a third party app with Siri integration for all features currently available on the Range Rover app
That would awesome if you could package all the features into an app with Siri integration, that would save us creating shortcuts for each action
Go ahead! If you are waiting for a green light 😀


Post Reply

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”