19b update.......update

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
We88ie

Re: 19b update.......update

Post by We88ie » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Had 19b installed OTA this week, no email etc just the pop up. Has anyone else noticed improvements with the gesture/remote tail gate. Before was hit and miss however now only have to walk close to the rear and boot opens.

To get into my garage it’s a bit of a narrow gap between car and wall each time I’ve walked past it since updating the damn thing opens

Thanks

Graham

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:03 am

I have the 19B software update and it has been generally, quite good. No major change in functions - with regard to the comfort access tailgate.
That's not normal operation and its very likely there is a fault, or a sensor is mis-aligned, or shaken out of position.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2018 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

Mad Max

Post by Mad Max » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:57 am

alls well here just a bit slow ,never have any issues
2018 R dynamic se loaded
22" rims, matte black wrap with black package
Quicksilver exhaust cat back

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:26 am

We88ie wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Had 19b installed OTA this week, no email etc just the pop up. Has anyone else noticed improvements with the gesture/remote tail gate. Before was hit and miss however now only have to walk close to the rear and boot opens.

To get into my garage it’s a bit of a narrow gap between car and wall each time I’ve walked past it since updating the damn thing opens

Thanks

Graham
These updates are for InControl Touch Duo only. Not for any control modules in the car. These are not currently updated over the air.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Bradders212

Post by Bradders212 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 am

Saw this update and Apple car play and got all excited.
Tried to update this morning and it said no update available :(
Rang the dealership and they have booked it in, they said they need to do something and then I do on the car? Bit confused by that. How come everyone else seems to have done it themselves?

Also he mentioned about me having a internet sim
In the car. Do you have to have one or can you just do updates through your mobiles data?

Thanks, Laura

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:21 am

Hi Laura - the Velar should have come with a SIM free of charge with a monthly data limit of 500MB. In the Settings menu on the main touch screen, go to Connectivity and see if mobile data is turned on and working. If you already get live traffic updates, weather etc (using Live o the touch screen) then you are good to go. You should also see a mobile signal strength indicator on the main screen - top left corner. If this shows a C with a line through it the car is not connected to any mobile network.

Looking in the centre cubby under the arm rests there is a SIM slot between the two USB ports. Have a look ti see if a SIM is in fact installed... maybe do this 1st ;)

Software updates over the air (SOTA) can be enabled by the dealer without you having to take the car in. Maybe they don't know this ! Many dealers seem quite behind on knowledge... or maybe they have something else in mind for your car that does need a visit?
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Bradders212

Post by Bradders212 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 am

Hi simon

Thanks so much for replying.
Just been out to look at the car and I don’t have a sim slot inbetween the two USB ports and also under connectivity I don’t have a mobile data option just Bluetooth and hotspot which is turned on.

Is this possibly because we have an entry level model and not a fancy one haha

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:04 am

Ahhh.... maybe yes. You can connect the car to your house wifi or a mobile phone hotspot via wifi also. This is why your dealer needs to go in to see them so they can load the update with their system.

Bradders212

Post by Bradders212 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:09 am

Ah never mind. I will sit and enjoy their free refreshments for an hour lol

jimc2997

Post by jimc2997 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:09 am

Update following annual maintenance in 19 B 19.40.
Since .... I am the 3rd customer to have the same problem.

The incontrol always comes back in English after 20 seconds when starting, I tried with several languages, French and even Czech.

Pfffff and say that in a year I had never had problems

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”