SVA wrong build = wrong fuel tank

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Pollo de muerte

Re: SVA wrong build = wrong fuel tank

Post by Pollo de muerte » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am

I suppose that's possible, but it seems to be very poor software design if this is the case. Also, our chipped P380 managed 28.8 miles per imperial gallon at an average of 73 miles per hour on the last leg of this long journey. There's no doubt that mileage plummets around town, but our Velar isn't that bad on the highway.

Also, when we first had the car chipped, all of the settings were reset and the range estimate shot up to over 500 when I was gently testing the new software on the highway. So it isn't as if it's incapable of providing an accurate reading, but since that time the car insists on using the worst case scenario for the estimate regardless of recent or current usage.

Again, this isn't the end of the world, but the highway is where an accurate range estimate is most useful and currently it is almost worthless in that use pattern.

At this point, we've put this in the "quirky British car" category so it's all good. To a certain extent, it's what you sign up for as long as it doesn't get out of hand.
2019 Range Rover Velar HSE P380 ("Posh")
2019 Jaguar I Pace HSE FE ("Greebo")

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Pollo de muerte wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am
I suppose that's possible, but it seems to be very poor software design if this is the case.
If JLR are very good at anything it is poor software design ;)

tyrrellnick

Post by tyrrellnick » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:44 am

TeddyM wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:49 pm
i got a new software for the dashboard and calibration for my velar - got 100 km more range on the same level of fuel inside the tank.
Hey Teddy, are you able to give any extra details on the dashboard software? I am having the same issue with my SVA, I do believe it has 82L tank but they have not recalibrated the Distance to Empty measurement.
19.5 Indus Silver SVAutobiography. Previously D300 HSE R-Dynamic. Australia.

chastt

Post by chastt » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:10 pm

tilak.kotecha I don't really see what the problem is.
The way I read JLR's reply is that it shows you have an 85-ltr tank fitted, and the reason you can only fit in 60-ltrs from 'empty' is because you still have 25-ltrs in the tank when you stop to fill up.

Edit

Post by Edit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 pm

Ok this is confusing. I can understand the mistake in the car built four our colleague, but what is the capacity for the fuel tank for a P250 model?
I'm reading 83 liters and also 60liters.

60 it will be to small for such a thirsty car.