Possible to upgrade to Smartphone pack?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Maltise

Re: Possible to upgrade to Smartphone pack?

Post by Maltise » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:35 pm

TheBestIsBlessed wrote:
Maltise wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:21 pm
TheBestIsBlessed wrote: KA794712

Thank you!
Your SOTA is turned on and the latest update is 19C, but I can not see your current version. I can send it to your vehicle though. If you can connect your vehicle to WiFi and check for updates for me I will push the new software to you. Let me know once you are connected and have checked for updates. I will help you if you can do it before I fall asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My current version is S18C_18.32.4-205602.

I don’t have any connectivity for my car as it’s a base model :(. Would I be able to connect my car up any other way?

I didn’t think it was possible.
No if you don’t have a connectivity section under settings with WiFi or hotspot then the dealership is your only option.

TheBestIsBlessed

Post by TheBestIsBlessed » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 pm

No if you don’t have a connectivity section under settings with WiFi or hotspot then the dealership is your only option.

Okay. So an update is available for me? I’ll ask the dealership to have a look.

Thanks again.

Maltise

Post by Maltise » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 pm

TheBestIsBlessed wrote:

Okay. So an update is available for me? I’ll ask the dealership to have a look.

Thanks again.
Yes 19C is available.

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Yes, the dealer can update your software to the latest version, but from other discussions on here I think you need to have “InControl Touch Pro Duo” to get the smartphone pack, and the UK base model doesn’t have it (l may be wrong & dealer will confirm).
Best to go armed with a problem with the software if you want to ensure that they update it - there are several on here to choose from 😀. Without SOTA, updates aren’t applied automatically, but their first response to a reported problem is to update the software to the latest version.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 20B1

liben96

Post by liben96 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 am

I had a similar situation.
I dont have InControl apps. When I was in version 18C or 19A, i had the software update (SOTA) option available in the menu, but not the connectivity, wifi/hotspot.
The fixed it in 19B, and I have been able to update to 19C using my wifi at home.
I hope this helps you. I think you just need to go to the dealer to update to 19B or 19C, and the connectivity option will be available for you.

However, I still dont have the apple CarPlay or android auto? Is this something you can enable @Maltise? Thanks

JonnyVTEC

Post by JonnyVTEC » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:19 am

MikeJL wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:34 pm
Yes, the dealer can update your software to the latest version, but from other discussions on here I think you need to have “InControl Touch Pro Duo” to get the smartphone pack, and the UK base model doesn’t have it (l may be wrong & dealer will confirm).
Best to go armed with a problem with the software if you want to ensure that they update it - there are several on here to choose from 😀. Without SOTA, updates aren’t applied automatically, but their first response to a reported problem is to update the software to the latest version.
All velars have Touch Pro Duo

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:22 am

Incontrol was the critical part, not Touch Pro Duo, although maybe I should have said Incontrol Pro.

All Velars have twin screens, not all Velars have the same Incontrol features.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 20B1

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:42 am

It was InControl Apps that you needed to have in order to get the Smartphone Pack enabled automatically with the IMC updates or FOC by the dealer. As this is a paid for option (or included as part of the higher trim levels) and LR have dropped support for it, they have given the Smartphone Pack to existing customers who optioned it or had it included.

On newer MY LR's it now appears to be pretty much standard on most trim levels.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Kinglouu

Post by Kinglouu » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Maltise wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:58 pm
TheBestIsBlessed wrote:
Pat27 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:39 pm
Might be worth phoning another dealer ?

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/s ... grade.html
Thank you! That’s exactly what I read so I quizzed them on it. I was told if I don’t have SOTA available in the software update section then it’s not possible.

I called another dealership (Parks in Ayr, Scotland) and they’ve asked me to bring the car in for them to check it on the 7th of Jan so I’ll just have to wait for that.
Give me your last 8 and I will check it for you.

Hey there, may I know how do you check this? Can you help me check mine as well? I do not have software update option in my "All settings"