Upper InControl Touch Pro Duo Screen Delamination

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
777Jet

Upper InControl Touch Pro Duo Screen Delamination

Post by 777Jet » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:43 pm

I didn’t find anything on this using the search function, so I thought I would share this.
Sitting in the sun waiting for my wife I noticed what looked like a water droplet on the upper screen by the navigation icon. Pulled out my microfiber cloth and it didn’t wipe off. It felt smooth to the touch, so I shut it down and was still there when powered off. It is definitely sub screen. Since I have it in full tilt out it would be very hard to impact and I mostly use controls on the steering wheel. I found a TSB relating to delamination and this is what I suspected was going on. I was unable to fully read it, but told the service manager about it.
Currently the service department is turning it in to JLR to see if they will cover it. It draws my attention in day mode or if reflecting the sunlight.
Yes, it is a minor issue and I am anal about my vehicles.

5594B273-B0E4-4B86-ADA6-AA16FDC1E2D1.jpeg

4FD653C7-18CD-46A9-A027-97C707683EFA.jpeg

2018 Firenze Red P250 SE R-Dynamic
2019 Toyota Tacoma Pro Voodoo Blue

777Jet

Re: Upper InControl Touch Pro Duo Screen Delamination

Post by 777Jet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:56 pm

So on the first visit to the Land Rover Des Moines in the state of Iowa, the service manager agreed it was an issue, but the repair needs to be approved by FRED/Fixed Right Enhance Diagnostics. They sent my pics in, but now they want to have it in. So Land Rover must be sending a representative to have a look before it is repaired, I assume, because they want to schedule an appointment.
So this is my opportunity to have them investigate the rattle in the headliner as well.
2018 Firenze Red P250 SE R-Dynamic
2019 Toyota Tacoma Pro Voodoo Blue

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”