Apply Carplay - Can it be upgraded?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Simonh

Re: Apply Carplay - Can it be upgraded?

Post by Simonh » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:19 am

cazy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:00 am
From what I hear, most of the RR cars that have been sold in this region in the past two years now have ACP/AA after the 19C update, I'm just one of the very few that don't...
Thats crazy, it will only be software, can't imagine they have different builds of the IMS hardware.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

kmkm

Post by kmkm » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:15 am

Not sure if you've seen this:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x ... ost2192613 - I don't have neither sim nor hdmi ports - only 2 usbs so it maps to UIP LOW_LINE. According to the slide, there actually is a HW difference that prevents AA/ACL to be enabled. I have an appointment this Friday at JLR. Will try to get some clarifications.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:57 am

Yes this has been discussed before (thanks for the additional info tho) , but the presence of a SIM slot to enable the SmartPhone Pack makes no sense as it's not used by ACP or AA. The software that runs on the IMS could be updated to negate the need for this if JLR chose to do so. JLR themselves could update the CCF file to enable it.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

cazy

Post by cazy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:41 pm

@kmkm Yes, I've seen this and I do have the UIP LOW_LINE in my car but this goes back to some year ago when ACP/AA were being added via this so-called 'Smartphone Pack'. Since 19C, my understanding is that all cars now should have that enabled. I agree with Simonh but somehow the reality doesn't show that...
2018 Velar P380 S Narvik Black/Ebony with extras

kmkm

Post by kmkm » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:57 am

Update after visiting a dealer today:
"For car trim without sim card slot or HDMI port near USB ports, InControl Apps / CarPlay / AndroidAuto cannot be enabled. Also, dealers do not offer possibility to retrofit required hardware."

I am disappointed. Looks like I have to keep waiting if any of the future updates will change this approach, assuming no real hardware obstacles.
If any of you succeeds in having AA/ACP enabled in a similar trim, please update.
Last edited by kmkm on Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liben96

Post by liben96 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:10 pm

kmkm wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:57 am
"For car trim without sim card slot or HDMI port near USB ports, InControl Apps / CarPlay / AndroidAuto cannot be enabled. Also, dealers do not offer possibility to retrofit required hardware."

I am disappointed. Looks like I have to keep waiting if any of the future updates will change this approach, assuming no real hardware obstacles.
If any of you succeeds in having AA/ACP enabled in a similar trip, please update.
Sorry to hear that. I have exactly the same problem.
I thought the last version would added it. But it didn’t. :(

geniusloci

Post by geniusloci » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:33 pm

kmkm wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:57 am

If any of you succeeds in having AA/ACP enabled in a similar trim, please update.
This is ridiculous, 2017+ models of a car that costs sometimes more than a fully specced X4M or respective MB, no ACP/AA because of some funny limitation? After it was publicised in the media amd what not?
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, MOMO RF-04 wheels Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Yup. A simple CCF edit would negate the block for it to be enabled I believe. But then, there must be a limit to how much retrograde feature adding can happen from the manufacturers perspective?
Velar HSE D240 - MY19

geniusloci

Post by geniusloci » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Simonh wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:23 pm
Yup. A simple CCF edit would negate the block for it to be enabled I believe. But then, there must be a limit to how much retrograde feature adding can happen from the manufacturers perspective?
Retrograde? Mine First Edition doesn't have InControl stuff despite website advertising it (and yes, it says there are market specifics). And I don't think JLR would expect me to change a nearly new car because of ACP/AA. And they promised it in press release. I think it should be enabled.
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, MOMO RF-04 wheels Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres

Bonesoul

Post by Bonesoul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:02 pm

kmkm wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:15 am
Not sure if you've seen this:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x ... ost2192613 - I don't have neither sim nor hdmi ports - only 2 usbs so it maps to UIP LOW_LINE. According to the slide, there actually is a HW difference that prevents AA/ACL to be enabled. I have an appointment this Friday at JLR. Will try to get some clarifications.
same issue here. just got a 2020 velar and only have 2 usb spots, no hdmi or sim spot. this is so disappointing really where AA/ACP is nearly standard for mid-tier cars these days and buying an very expensive velar in my country (Turkey) and no apple carplay support. this sucks really JLR.