Stolen in Essex

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
henryhorse83

Re: Stolen in Essex

Post by henryhorse83 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:35 pm

MY20 rolled off the production line two weeks ago, first thing I did was disable the keyless entry, worked first time (with engine off).

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:03 pm

👍🏼
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

kukoc7

Post by kukoc7 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 am

Sorry for your loss :( hope they will find the scumbag and your car.

BTW I was pretty sure that JLR introduced a new security system for keyless entry that is thief proof .

https://teamtalk.jaguarlandrover.com/ne ... ry-attacks

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Very sorry to hear about your Velar being stolen, and the fact that you couldnt get a police response.

I got a Category 5 tracker fitted during delivery from SmartTrack which I highly recommend for peace of mind.
They are super alert and we always get a call if the car is moving and the tracker tile is not with us.
Subscription gets you a police response all with Smart Trac doing the liasion.
This is better that the Cat 6 trackers available elsewhere, and the one from JLR.

Once again, very sorry to hear about your particular loss.
All cars are vulnerable, not only JLR products, and most are stolen to order I am told.
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
2018 Mercedes AMG GT-C Roadster
2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE

Bluenorm

Post by Bluenorm » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 pm

henryhorse83 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:35 pm
MY20 rolled off the production line two weeks ago, first thing I did was disable the keyless entry, worked first time (with engine off).
👍

Bluenorm

Post by Bluenorm » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:26 pm

kukoc7 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 am

BTW I was pretty sure that JLR introduced a new security system for keyless entry that is thief proof .

We hope the car is found as well and the scumbags caught . Thanks for link . Why couldn’t they do a retro fix ?

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:39 pm

kukoc7 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 am

Not Velar yet. Is on new Defender.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Bluenorm

Re: Stolen in Essex. NOW FOUND

Post by Bluenorm » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:35 pm

Bluenorm wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:04 pm
#Stolen 🙌👀🙌👀- Grey - Range Rover Velar - Reg RO10APR - R-DYN SE180 - from our driveway in Galleywood Road , Chelmsford , Essex on Monday 4/2/20 about 11.30am - Crime Ref 42/18450/20’

Hi , I’m. Just posting this as I have on various other Social Media sites . I’m not holding out much hope that our car will be found and it’s probably In a container on its way aboard. The scum that stole the car were very brazen as it happened while both my wife and I were in the house . The car was locked and the keys were well away from the front door as I have tested the keyless range in the past . They were able to disable the wireless camera and probably had the software that amplified the code from the key . The car didn’t have a tracker and the In control app is disabled and is still telling me it’s on the drive. We would love to get the car back . I could beat myself up for thinking the Land Rover App is a form of security but there’s no point , but I would urge other owners to get a tracker and disable the keyless entry which clearly is not fit for purpose. It’s too vulnerable.

Should Land Rover warn that the App and Keyless entry are easily disabled by thieves so don’t rely on them ? Could Land Rover update the security or stop selling cars with them?

It was reported to Police on 999 within very shortly after it was stolen (confirmed by a neighbour who thought it was me driving up the road) but they wouldn’t deal with it and we had to call 101 which took another 30 min to report . If the 999 call was taken it could of reported on the area cars straight away .
Very Happy to report the car has been recovered by the Met Police and is in a car compound in London . We don’t know any details but amazed and delighted it has been found . Now have to go through the recovery process with the insurance.

Thanks to everyone that read and commented on my post . 😀😀😀😀

RRTAN

Post by RRTAN » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Great news - hope all goes smoothly from here on 👍
MY19 D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Aruba, Oyster, Sliding Panoramic, Heated everything, Privacy Glass, Tracker, Winter/Summer Tyres and alloys, (Cup Holder Cover!)

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Wow. Amazing news. Hopefully no damage and you’ll get it home again soon.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19