Movies/Netflix

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
BootneckShuffle

Re: Movies/Netflix

Post by BootneckShuffle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pm

Just checked that link for YouTube and he couldn’t get Netflix working either doing the mirror method.

Back to drawing board I guess, crazy this really

cazy

Post by cazy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:01 pm

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pm
Just checked that link for YouTube and he couldn’t get Netflix working either doing the mirror method.

Back to drawing board I guess, crazy this really
I checked the Youtube comments and you're right, supposedly black screen and audio only. I assumed since the menu worked, video worked as well. :/ ...So, I guess you're stuck with the built-in player and copying video files on a USB stick.

Just out of curiosity, any specific reason you'd want to play videos on that screen? Surely you can watch Netflix on your iPhone hooked up to Velar's sound system over Bluetooth. That way you're holding the phone's screen (which has higher resolution and better screen anyway) closer to your eyes and get more out of it. If you somehow felt the need to watch video while driving, Velar's screen isn't probably the way to go as it's not in the line of sight, really. It would be much easier to get a phone/tablet holder that you place much higher than this screen and use Bluetooth for audio? As I said, just curious...
2018 Velar P380 S Narvik Black/Ebony with extras

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:14 am

Cazy, just want to take full advantage of the features the car has.

Still appears (through the lack of comments here) that no one has a working method of using the feature effectively, in the absence of HDMI slot.

sensiblesoccer

Post by sensiblesoccer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:46 am

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:34 am
I did point out in my original post that there is no HDMI slot in the MY19 Velar.

There may be of course HDMI slots in previous years vehicles but my understanding is that JLR done away with the HDMI slot from MY19 onwards.

So.......still looking for a way to play Netflix without HDMI, and/or a method of playing movies in the car.
Ah, sorry. I didn't know they'd removed it.

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 am

@sensiblesoccer

Yeh, well certainly in MY19 not sure about others but think quite a few have reported missing HDMI

kukoc7

Post by kukoc7 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:58 am

I didn't really tried it yet but I saw VLC app is supporter by Android Auto. Possibly you could play mpeg video files from your phone this way while driving.

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:20 pm

I’m ACP kukoc, will it work with that?

Ross-YW

Post by Ross-YW » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:54 am

The only method I have see working is through jailbreaking your iPhone and using a Cydia app call carbridge. This app allows any app on the phone to be mirrored and not just the ones Apple allow
R Dynamic P250 SE

Ross-YW

Post by Ross-YW » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:59 am

Ha anyone thought/tried to replace the interface in the armrest to the one with the the hdmi slot? I found this part on eBay and JLR spares

https://jlr.parts/product/audio-interfa ... -lr114028/

Having looked at the pictures on the above link I’d like to see what connections are on the non hdmi interface. Does anyone know the mode number of the non hdmi part? I can’t seem to find it

Does anyone know if this would work?
R Dynamic P250 SE