Rear Passenger Door Will Not Open

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
John MH

Rear Passenger Door Will Not Open

Post by John MH » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:46 pm

Rear Passenger Door Will Not Open from either inside or outside, door handle is extended out.

Any ideas?
D300 R-Dynamic HSE Firenze Red Tan/Ebony

Simonh

Re: Rear Passenger Door Will Not Open

Post by Simonh » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:26 am

Dealer
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

John MH

Post by John MH » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Booked in, seems they have seem this before.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Hope its fixed soon.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

John MH

Post by John MH » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Well, oddly enough the rear door opened today so the cable/linkage must still be connected. But alas its decided not to open again. I now suspect some sort of electrical problem. Weird

kukoc7

Post by kukoc7 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:44 pm

Please let us know what was the outcome from visit in dealership? Did they fixed it? If so what was the reason of the issue?

John MH

Post by John MH » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Strange things afoot. Despite opening normally once at the weekend and then deciding not to open from either inside or out the rear passenger door has decided today to open normally, so its not a mechanical linkage issue it must be electrical; or maybe not.

I've had issues for a while with the drivers door not shutting from inside with a reasonable pull, door latches but is not fully shut and warning appears when ignition started, a open and then pull harder shut usually resolves it. It have become so routine I almost expect every time to have to open then slightly more forcefully shut the door.

I wonder if the factory lubrication of the latch mechanism has 'hardened' or become less effective over time (car built July 18). I have today lubricated the latch with engine oil and a dab of grease, hopefully that will reseolve the issue.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

cford14

Post by cford14 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Yes mines the same, driver's side rear (uk) started being hard to close and when I eventually got it closed it won't open from inside or out. Rang the dealers they recommended I call out Landrover assist who came out about an hour later he spent about half an hour trying to get it open but gave up in the end and said it'll be a complicated job as they will have to try and get the door card off with the door closed!!! It's booked into Guy Salmon Knutsford next month to get sorted so will let you know the outcome.

Craigc

Post by Craigc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 am

Make sure you check the door card for any damage if they have to try and take it off with door closed. It takes up to 6 months to get replaced as they are made to order.
275 HSE R Dynamic Silicon Silver

cford14

Post by cford14 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:06 am

Will do thanks