All Range Rover Velar related discussions
KIZZYP

Re: Rejection Confirmed!

Post by KIZZYP » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:18 pm

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:50 pm
I’m glad you’re one of the lucky ones Kizzy

I unfortunately haven’t been so lucky
It does seem to be a bit of a lottery if you get a good one or not which to be honest I really cant fathom out . All i can say is it is a fantastic vehicle when you get a good one, so maybe worth another punt ?..If you can go for a V6 then it takes it to another level again . Apologies if my post came across as a bit gloaty ..that was far from the intent ...it was just to say JLR are capable of making a good vehicle, and they are out there. I wish you all the best in whatever direction you decide to take .
D275 R DYNAMIC SE BYRON BLUE , ACORN LEATHER , SATIN BLONDE VENEER, 21" GLOSS BLACK WHEELS , OPEN PAN ROOF, LED LIGHTING , 360 CAMERA , ON/OFF ROAD PACK. PRIVACY GLASS. SPARE WHEEL.

97 DEFENDER 90
57 FIESTA 1.25 ZETEC
59 CORSA 1.0 ACTIVE

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 am

Have had a First Edition for 2 years now and have not had any problems, any small niggles were addressed by my dealer promptly.
I cannot comment on JLR reliability from my own experience (or the accounts from folks on here) because it is not representative.
But I will say the Velar is a very strong contender for a reason.

The new Audi's are brilliant. The Q8 is stunning! Even the new Q5 takes the new design language essence and has stunning interiors.
I am not a fan of Merc and BMW SUVs but there is something about the GLC ....

Best
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2018 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:26 am

Hi guys

Ok, been to BMW and no real interest from them to be fair, plus good old Black Death CV19 is causing issues in the supply chain!

Interestingly enough, been back to LR dealership and not particularly great there either. Offered me an F Pace Chequered Flag with loads of bells and whistles as standard but having watched and read some reviews, this doesn’t seem to me like a decent option for replacement. Spoke with the dealership about another velar and they’re refusing to put me on the same finance deal, meaning I can replace but will be out of pocket! Can’t see how that’s fair to be honest, would love to hear from anyone who’s rejected and what they’ve been offered from their respective dealers.

Matty

Post by Matty » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:24 pm

I’m personally holding off until the Model Y Performance is released.
R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:08 pm

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:26 am
Hi guys

Ok, been to BMW and no real interest from them to be fair, plus good old Black Death CV19 is causing issues in the supply chain!

Interestingly enough, been back to LR dealership and not particularly great there either. Offered me an F Pace Chequered Flag with loads of bells and whistles as standard but having watched and read some reviews, this doesn’t seem to me like a decent option for replacement. Spoke with the dealership about another velar and they’re refusing to put me on the same finance deal, meaning I can replace but will be out of pocket! Can’t see how that’s fair to be honest, would love to hear from anyone who’s rejected and what they’ve been offered from their respective dealers.
Surprised at the JLR dealer. They might change their mind once the pandemic settles and they need sales!
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:33 pm

@haybird

Hi mate, yes I was surprised too!

So basically so far from them, it’s either this f pace cheq flag or a spec for spec replacement velar but not on the previous finance deal and I have to lump in 2k!

Couldn’t make it up.

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:10 am

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:33 pm
@haybird

Hi mate, yes I was surprised too!

So basically so far from them, it’s either this f pace cheq flag or a spec for spec replacement velar but not on the previous finance deal and I have to lump in 2k!

Couldn’t make it up.
I’d reach out to JLR customer service and see what they can do. There must be a deal to be done?! Good luck mate!
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:27 am

@haybird

Agreed mate, that’s my next step. Last time I spoke to JLRUK they were harping on about restoring my faith in the badge, so let’s see if they’re words actually mean something.

I’ll be honest, so far looking around, I haven’t seen a single SUV that’s as good looking as the Velar!

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm

Update

Spoke to JLR Customer Services

Despite previously promising they would help restore faith in the badge, they have now stated that they’re not willing to even speak with the dealership, awesome that mind

Aw well, BMW it is then

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:54 am

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm
Update

Spoke to JLR Customer Services

Despite previously promising they would help restore faith in the badge, they have now stated that they’re not willing to even speak with the dealership, awesome that mind

Aw well, BMW it is then
Well that is disappointing but I totally agree, if I was you I’d take my money elsewhere now. Shame 😢