New Remote App Version

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
P380NarvikEclipse

Re: New Remote App Version

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up MITO. Just downloaded 👍🏼
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Seems they upgraded security quite a lot which is good to see.
Land Rover vehicles are engineered to be highly secure, meeting tough anti-theft measures tested and verified by independent experts. And now, Land Rover owners will be afforded even greater protection with the new Guardian Mode feature, available on vehicles fitted with Secure or Secure Tracker Pro2. Guardian Mode will monitor your Land Rover and provide alerts via your smartphone if any interference occurs. This includes doors being unlocked, the engine being started or if the vehicle is moved without your permission, meaning that you can rest assured that any interference will be picked up. Select 'Security' from the home screen of the latest Land Rover Remote app, and simply enable Guardian Mode by toggling it on.

This new security feature is one of many additions you’ll be able to enjoy with the latest version of the Land Rover Remote app3. Enhanced responsiveness and finger print and face recognition provides quicker access to a breadth of features, including notifications on your vehicle’s health, remote visibility of the fuel range and location of your vehicle on a map. For drivers with InControl Remote Premium4 you can enjoy the added benefits of cooling or heating the inside of your Land Rover remotely and quickly locating your vehicle in a crowded car park with the ‘beep and flash’ functionality. For added assurance, remote features will be protected with secondary authentication, but the new Land Rover Remote app will stay active as long as you remain active, without having to log back in.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Pfalder

Post by Pfalder » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:56 pm

So what’s this new Guardian mode intended for?
Is it everyday use or just when the car is left for long periods like holidays?
Range Rover Velar D300 R Dynamic HSE - Byron Blue - ebony - black pack

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:34 pm

It’s a timed date to date thing. I guess it can’t be active all the time as it would be triggered each time you used the car. Assume it’s good for overnight as long as you set it up each night.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

zani

Post by zani » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi eone new app is now available in Germany
https://apps.apple.com/de/app/land-rove ... 1345446880

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:31 pm

I checked the version on my app, and it is now 2.3.3.
Not sure whether there are many changes.
Although I have now noticed that the 'Wake up timer' function is now available under settings. This was available in the old style app, however, I hadn't noticed this feature on the new style app.
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys
Pano sun roof
Configurable ambient lighting
360 camera
Windsor perforated leather- heated, cooled massage seats