Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Wireless Qi Phone Charger

10K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  petebarnes16 
#1 ·
So i bought one of these Qi charging mats off ebay the other day.

Easy to install behind the centre console screen, had to trim the rubber ends down a little bit so it would fit nicely.

Routed the cable under the edge of the centre console & down to the rear USB socket.

Nice and discreet, Very impressed with it over all !!

Product Black Adapter Gadget Audio equipment

Hood Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Automotive design

Hood Window Bumper Finger Automotive design

Glasses Vision care Automotive lighting Bumper Bicycle part

Sunglasses Automotive design Bumper Office supplies Automotive tire

Hood Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle

Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Simonh said:
Simonh said:
Does Apple CarPlay / Android Auto still work ?
Any answers ? Does witless charging still work with the Smartphone Pack?
You still need a cable for CarPlay as the Velar doesn't support wireless CarPlay. I guess the same applies to Android Auto but I don't have the means to test that....

#8 ·
looks neat but forgive me, i can't see any advantage as you still need to use the cable for the likes of Spotify .
I use a phone holder that anchors itself quite nicely in the central cup holder...

#9 ·
Until LR add wireless CarPlay there is no advantage if you use CarPlay. Not sure if Android Auto works wirelessly.

Only advantage I can see is possibly wireless charging is faster than wired charging?

If you only use Bluetooth then it's very handy I guess.

#12 ·
Just a recommendation for a product I just recently purchased... There's someone making a dock for phones that fit into the square cup holder:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/722580693/phone-dock-apple-iphone-carplay-or

Much more sleek design and it kind of even looks like it comes with the car!
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto work with it since it plugs into the USB port in the center console.
I have no affiliation with this guy (although it turns out we're from the same city!)
Just a great product made by a random guy

#13 ·
Still think it's better out of sight behind the lower screen, admittedly cable is visible unless you spend time routing a long black cable.

#14 ·
Now wireless CarPlay is here for some, I tried to put a charging mat behind console like MBVelar. Great solution and cable hides easily behind silver trim and into centre cubby. 😊

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.