Bluetooth keeps on stopping

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
drg111

Bluetooth keeps on stopping

Post by drg111 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 am

Hi there,
Playing music over bluetooth from either Tidal or Spotify the music will stop at random intervals. I often have to de-connect and re-connect the bluetooth for it to play again. I don't seem to have this problem while making phone calls. I have the meridian signature. Anyone else is experiencing this type of issue?
Greetings

GSudhir

Re: Bluetooth keeps on stopping

Post by GSudhir » Fri May 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Hello drg,
Which version of the infotainment system software are you running?
Does the problem occur only while playing via bluetooth or does it happen while using ACP/AA?
If the problem persists even when you are using a wired connection with ACP/AA, it is likely that your phone might have dropped data signal, ie, if you are streaming rather than playing music downloaded on your phone.
Worth trying a wired connection to get tot he bottom of the issue.
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys
Pano sun roof
Configurable ambient lighting
360 camera
Windsor perforated leather- heated, cooled massage seats

drg111

Post by drg111 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi GSudhir,
Thank you for the answer. To tell you the truth , I haven't figured the ACP/AA connection out yet. But the infotainment system software is up to date (at least to the swiss version). But I'm certain that it is not due to the streaming the music. .I'll try to connect over the wire and I'll keep you up to date.

cazy

Post by cazy » Wed May 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Is it necessary to actually reconnect Bluetooth or would it be enough to log in to your phone for a few seconds?

What I mean is perhaps it could be related to your phone settings. When I start the car, the last song from my playlist will automatically play if the "Media" is on and I had last played music using my phone over Bluetooth. If I want to play any more songs after this one, I have to log in to my phone to 'unlock' this. As you say, in certain cases the music cuts off at random (perhaps it's got to do with streaming/pre-loading/signal reception) but this always resolves once I log in to my phone.
2018 Velar P380 S Narvik Black/Ebony with extras