Sound system 825W

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Mig

Re: Sound system 825W

Post by Mig » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:12 am

I have the Meridian 1600W in my Velar and the Bose in my 911.
The sound is 1000 times better in the Velar.
In the 911 the bass are eating the rest and this is what audiophiles tend to confirm for Bose systems.
Velar D240 HSE
Porsche 991.1 Carrera PDK

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm

We have this system in our Velar and I love it very much. I am an audiophile. There are three important factors if you are to enjoy the Meridian 825w system...

First, the music input file quality must be of the highest standard. I use uncompressed FLAC 16bit quality downloaded from 7Digital. Truly excellent and noticeably better than typical Apple iTunes AAC files or MP3 format. Let’s not even speak about the streaming services. The connection must also be hard wired via USB and not Bluetooth. The latter loses the fine detail of the music file too. This system is very sensitive to input quality and you will be rewarded handsomely for feeding your Meridian system high quality files.

Secondly, Meridian pride themselves on creating natural sounding music or, as one US magazine stated, a sound system that actually delivers beautiful music rather than some artificial in car entertainment system. If it’s thumping bass you’re looking for then this isn’t it. If it’s faithful separation of the instruments across tri-field sound stage then you’re in for a treat.

And finally... I said there are three factors. Clean your ears out. Seriously, some olive oil earex keeps the internal bits of our ears lubricated and free of hardened wax. If you’re getting along in years, that wax gets drier with age and the natural glacier-like movement of wax from the inner to outer ear slows down. Hardened wax builds up and, because it’s gradual, we don’t often notice it.

That link, listed earlier in this thread, says much more about this topic.

Enjoy the Meridian system but to do so, care is needed with the settings, input, connectivity and eardrums!

Best wishes, Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:46 am

I to am a bit of an audiophile and find the 825w meridian very very good. Having just had the misfortune of having a Q5 as a courtesy car which had the B and O system, I found it overly bassy, great if you’re a 20year old chav who loves to tell you that they are coming along with the snoop jay zee pumping out.

The meridian is a much purer sound, more refined and far classier than that of the B and O.

It is however down to personal choice, but if you’re expecting to crank the base up of your latest Dr P Diddy Dog single and let everyone know you’re coming, then you will be greatly disappointed.
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

TJRoooom

Post by TJRoooom » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:32 am

Matty wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:31 pm
You won’t get good, deep, rich bass from that system. I’ve come from Audi’s with Bose systems and the Meridian offering is miles behind. You sort of get used to it, but it’s one the most disappointing aspects of my car.
Really? I'm on the 1800 watt system, I'm not sure which Bose system you compare but my fried from Audi surprise with how rich and balanced is the sound from my sound system compare to his top-end Bose system from Audi. Sound is very subjective, I don't think Meridian sound system is miles away from the Bose sound system