Range Rover Bonnet/Tailgate Lettering + Options

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
RasTreviso

Range Rover Bonnet/Tailgate Lettering + Options

Post by RasTreviso » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi guys!

Just a few questions here.
Hopefully you can assist.

1) Range Rover Bonnet and Tailgate Lettering (Narvik Black). What does this option do, when you already have selected the Black Pack (R-Dynamic)?
I was unsure if the "Velar" letters were also black, from choosing the Black Pack, as I need them to be black on the Yulong White.

2) Mud Flaps. It's not that I am going off-roading or anything, but mostly driving in the city and occasionally on the highway. Is it needed and does it make the car look less badass :-D?

3) Dynamic Handling Pack. Is it necessary or a waste of money, when I already have the Air Suspension with the HSE?

4) Chrome IP end caps. Nice or not important?

--

Still really unsure about the D240 vs D300. Here in Italy, we do get a super tax on the D300 (1.500 EUR a year) plus it's around 7.000 EUR more. So in total around 11.000 EUR over 3 years (that I plan to lease/own the vehicle).

--

Thanks again!

Simonh

Re: Range Rover Bonnet/Tailgate Lettering + Options

Post by Simonh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:33 am

1. My understanding is the black design pack has black lettering already.

2. Personally I’d leave them off. The car stays pretty clean in wet weather and the rear doesn’t get sprayed with water / dirt much without them. Also I don’t think they’d enhance type looks in my opinion. A Defender yes, Velar no.

3. If you are mostly city and highway I wouldn’t bother unless you are a keen driver and spend time on twisty back roads. Again personal opinion.

4. Not important and again, I don’t think it would enhance the interior much considering you only see them when you open the doors ;)
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

RasTreviso

Post by RasTreviso » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:58 am

Simonh wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:33 am
1. My understanding is the black design pack has black lettering already.

2. Personally I’d leave them off. The car stays pretty clean in wet weather and the rear doesn’t get sprayed with water / dirt much without them. Also I don’t think they’d enhance type looks in my opinion. A Defender yes, Velar no.

3. If you are mostly city and highway I wouldn’t bother unless you are a keen driver and spend time on twisty back roads. Again personal opinion.

4. Not important and again, I don’t think it would enhance the interior much considering you only see them when you open the doors ;)
Thanks for your reply, Simonh!
Really appreciate it.

That was exactly the replies I was hoping for.. Do you have an opinion in regards to D240 vs D300? I have to pay an additional 1.600 EUR a year in super tax and insurance.

Thanks!

// Ras

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Personally I find the D240 quick enough. Especially set in Dynamic mode. It’s not as smooth as the D300 nor does it sounds as nice. But TBH I can’t fault the performance I’m getting.

Best to test drive one.

If you do drive a D300 though your tax pain will suddenly become irrelevant as it’s certainly the better engine for the car.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

RasTreviso

Post by RasTreviso » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Simonh wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:18 pm
Personally I find the D240 quick enough. Especially set in Dynamic mode. It’s not as smooth as the D300 nor does it sounds as nice. But TBH I can’t fault the performance I’m getting.

Best to test drive one.

If you do drive a D300 though your tax pain will suddenly become irrelevant as it’s certainly the better engine for the car.
Great to hear. Yeah it’s both the torque, speed, knowing it’s a V6 and the twin exhaust that pulls
me towards the D300.. I see you have a D240?

Plan to test drive both!

// Ras

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Yes I have a D240. Very happy with it on performance and fuel. If budget allowed a D300 would be better though and fuel about the same I think 😏
Velar HSE D240 - MY19

RasTreviso

Post by RasTreviso » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:40 pm

Simonh wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:56 pm
Yes I have a D240. Very happy with it on performance and fuel. If budget allowed a D300 would be better though and fuel about the same I think 😏
I guess it’s something I have to think about! Probably I need to try both engine options to make my final decision. At least I got all the optionals figured out..

Lets see!

melbarro

Post by melbarro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:35 pm

One minor factor in engine choice is if you spec RDynamic then with the 6 cyl eng you will get the twin exhaust finishers that I think are the best part of the RDYNAMIC pack - but you won't get them with the 240
P300 RDynamic HSE corris, sliding pano roof, laser led headlights, 20" diamond cut wheels, air susp, full ext leather, HUD, surround cameras, activity bracelet, config interior lighting, DAB, rear heated seats.

RasTreviso

Post by RasTreviso » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:00 pm

melbarro wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:35 pm
One minor factor in engine choice is if you spec RDynamic then with the 6 cyl eng you will get the twin exhaust finishers that I think are the best part of the RDYNAMIC pack - but you won't get them with the 240
Hi melbarro!

Thanks for your input.. yeah, both the V6 engine, the extra torque and the dual exhaust really pulls me.
I do think that the extra 6.600 EUR over 3 years will be money that I would happy to spend for the D300, also because that if I decide to sell it, I should be able to get up to 5.000 EUR extra for the D300 over the D240, which will cover most of the extra - however even if I got the same as the D240, I would still be happy I did it.

Leaning towards the D300!!!

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:13 pm

I personally have the mud flaps, this was after not having them on my F-Pace (or it might have been the XF before that!) and wishing I had them.

I've just come back from the Lake District and even with the mud flaps there is quite a bit of crud splashed up on to the door sills and lower doors. I would expect it would be much worse without the flaps.

Whether the car looks better with or without them is probably a subjective view depending on personal tastes.
December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.