InControl Touch Pro 20B released

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Bottom

Re: InControl Touch Pro 20B released

Post by Bottom » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:39 am

I got the "no upgrade available" notice a few times, I discovered it was due to the Velar having forgotten the password for my home network, when I put it back in the car found the upgrades. Obviously if you're not using wifi to download this won't affect you :-)

John MH

Post by John MH » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Mine is 20A but each time I check i says Software up to date.
D300 R-Dynamic HSE Firenze Red Tan/Ebony

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:47 pm

John MH wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm
Mine is 20A but each time I check i says Software up to date.
Updates are rolled out in phases. For some updates I've had mine a week or so after others have had it. Could be that.

Assume you've had previous updates over the air so that shouldn't be the issue.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Mig

Post by Mig » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Still not available...
Are the pops gone for those who have been avale to update?
Velar D240 HSE
Porsche 991.1 Carrera PDK

AngeloZ

Post by AngeloZ » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:21 am

Here in Italy S20B released 27/07

AF35166A-2ECF-45F4-B57C-4F7CADFAF67B.jpeg

cazy

Post by cazy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am

To all those who get "software up to date" when trying to update - this is not completely automatic and your dealer has to remotely allow this (push the update to your car). I had tried daily for weeks to no avail but once I called the dealer they pushed the update to my car within a couple minutes.

The thing is there have been way too many issues with updates over the last year or two, often with JLR instructing the dealers to stop updating more cars so the they are generally not in a hurry to push the latest update to you...
2018 Velar P380 S Narvik Black/Ebony with extras

Mig

Post by Mig » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:46 pm

Si maybe I will call them tomorrow :-)
Velar D240 HSE
Porsche 991.1 Carrera PDK

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:16 am

So 20B downloaded and installed via OTA.
Seems quick, stable and in general welcome!

Absolutely love the fact that the dials are now both to set aircon temperature (leaving drive modes to the touchscreen).
Oddly my sat nav map in the info panel on the digital dashboard goes to a very close junction mode (which I dont need as I have it on the HUD) and I cant find any way to revert it just to a normal map view (within the info panel area) - ANy ideas how i can fix this?

Any new features noted at all?
2018 Mercedes AMG GT-C Roadster
2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:20 am

GSudhir wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 pm
I had the pop up for the install today for 20B and got it installed today.
Apart from the change in soft controls for the drive mode settings, I haven't seen any major differences. However, I noticed that the suspension didn't drop to access height when I opened the door. I thought this must be something to do with the upgrade being completed only on the next reboot.
Later, I went back to the car to check up on the completed installation and reboot; the car had completed installation and booted up with 20B and the rotary control was not controlling the vehicle settings as expected. But the ride height did not drop this time either when I opened the car! I shall check this again tomorrow.
Any one else experienced this issue?
Yes!! I had noticed that the (suspension) access height does not drop when I opened the door until almost a minute later (noticed it when I had the tailgate opened). Not sure if this is a setting thing (unlikely) but will look again.
2018 Mercedes AMG GT-C Roadster
2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 pm

SpokenHands wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:16 am
So 20B downloaded and installed via OTA.
Seems quick, stable and in general welcome!

Absolutely love the fact that the dials are now both to set aircon temperature (leaving drive modes to the touchscreen).
Oddly my sat nav map in the info panel on the digital dashboard goes to a very close junction mode (which I dont need as I have it on the HUD) and I cant find any way to revert it just to a normal map view (within the info panel area) - ANy ideas how i can fix this?

Any new features noted at all?
There appears no way to stop this (IMO very confusing) junction view on the dash. It's deselected on the main Nav screen so I would have expected it not to appear on the dash. The system really needs a separate set of settings for the navigation screen in the dash. Not tried it with Full Map set yet as I prefer the have a proper speedo rather than the small digital read out. Ideally a single dial setup with Map on one side and trip info (or something else) on the other side, but there is no option for Map in this mode, only Trip, 4x4 Info etc.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.