InControl Touch Pro 20B released

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Haybrd

Re: InControl Touch Pro 20B released

Post by Haybrd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:49 pm

I’ve ran out of data this month. I’ve driven a fair bit but I’ve used CarPlay and Waze or Apple Maps for all journeys. I sense the suspicion we had a few months back about this somehow using the SIM data rather than phones must be true.
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:57 pm

I think it must be a bug for sure. I've only seen my usage go up since 20B. Dealer says there is nothing they can do - can't even re-load the IMC from scratch any more. LR can't remote into the car either so pointless taking it in.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Anyone noticed any issues with adaptive suspension after 20B?
I have noticed that the way the suspension behaves has not been consistent.
On some occasions, my car drops a little when I turn the ignition off and then a bit more when I open the door.
On other occasions, the height didn't drop on opening the door.
Yet other occasions, I have noticed the car drop height when I open the car.
And all these happened when I was using 'Comfort' drive mode. ie., normal ride height while driving!
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys
Pano sun roof
Configurable ambient lighting
360 camera
Windsor perforated leather- heated, cooled massage seats

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:53 pm

The update only affects the IMC (infotainment system) so shouldn’t (in theory) have any affect on any other systems in the car.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

VelarK

Post by VelarK » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:57 pm

@GSudhir. All of the above for me as well! I want to agree with Simonh but i noticed allthe issues mention :o
D300 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 22" 9 split-spoke with Diamond Turned finish, Light Oyster leather/Ebony suede cloth, Sliding Panoramic, Air Suspension and a few more options

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:09 am

Please note that the soft controls for the air suspension is positioned on the lower screen of the Touch Pro Duo system. Therefore it is possible that the software upgrade for the infotainment could affect this. Moreover, I remember on in the 19 upgrades had some issues with the air suspension getting locked in one position and JLR quickly released another update to rectify this.
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys
Pano sun roof
Configurable ambient lighting
360 camera
Windsor perforated leather- heated, cooled massage seats

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:31 am

I guess the IMC could be sending the wrong info to the chassis height control module. But when SOTA starts it goes into a secure session mode and only request updates to the IMC. No other modules can be updated over SOTA on Velar.

Of course with Pivi and Pivi Pro it will be different and other modules can be updated as on the new Defender and now Disco Sport and Evoque from 21MY.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 pm

When I got my car in November last year it came with v19B installed. I didn’t get any OTA updates of successive versions of 19 or v20A but wasn’t too bothered because everything worked OK. Then a week or so ago I got a notification to update to v20B out of the blue so I installed it.

I haven’t noticed any difference except for one slightly annoying change regarding the climate sync setting. I normally have Sync enabled and on the previous version this meant the dial on passenger side defaulted to the fan setting. Now on this version both dials default to temperature which is kind of redundant when sync is enabled. You have to hit the fan button to change the fan speed and after a few seconds it reverts to temperature again.

I don’t know if this change occurred with the last version or one of the intermediate updates that I missed. It seems illogical for it to operate in this way as it’s distracting having to keep hunting for the fan speed button when driving.

I’ve not noticed anyone else complaining about this so I was wondering if there was a way to change it back to the old way of working. Any ideas?

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:48 pm

HarryR wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 pm
When I got my car in November last year it came with v19B installed. I didn’t get any OTA updates of successive versions of 19 or v20A but wasn’t too bothered because everything worked OK. Then a week or so ago I got a notification to update to v20B out of the blue so I installed it.

I haven’t noticed any difference except for one slightly annoying change regarding the climate sync setting. I normally have Sync enabled and on the previous version this meant the dial on passenger side defaulted to the fan setting. Now on this version both dials default to temperature which is kind of redundant when sync is enabled. You have to hit the fan button to change the fan speed and after a few seconds it reverts to temperature again.

I don’t know if this change occurred with the last version or one of the intermediate updates that I missed. It seems illogical for it to operate in this way as it’s distracting having to keep hunting for the fan speed button when driving.

I’ve not noticed anyone else complaining about this so I was wondering if there was a way to change it back to the old way of working. Any ideas?
Some have moaned Harry (me included) and agree with the illogical setup. If the driver wants to change fan speed they can no longer just turn the dial with their eyes on the road. Instead we now have to look for a small soft button on the screen to select the fan speed and then use the dial which is in my opinion not as safe as the previous versions which were very much ‘eyes off’.

I do like how the Terrain Response (TR) selection is now not on the dial when in the Vehicle screen. It was for me always hit and miss selecting the right program while turning the dial and also looking at the touch screen or dashboard to make sure I’d selected the right setting. Tapping the screen in this case makes more sense and assures me I select the right one, right away. Having the temp control here instead is better for me than having to switch to Climate and then turn the dial. Having constant temperature control on all screens except Seats is much better I think. If I need to change the TR setting its usually before I would drive off rather than while driving. If its snowing I will select Grass, Gravel, Snow before started off not after for example. If I am about to drive on to grass I am likely to have already slowed down and have time to select it via the touch screen.

Oh and no, no way to change it back to how it was before.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:15 pm

@SimonH, Thanks for your comments. Clearly a retrograde step then ☹️

I’d love to know what goes on in the mind of Whoever makes these nonsensical decisions 🙄