Subscription Renewal - In Control Remote Services

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Arianne

Subscription Renewal - In Control Remote Services

Post by Arianne » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Evening folks,

Some of us are approaching our third anniversary of Velar ownership. I can hardly believe it. Today I received an email from JLR explaining that my In Control Remote subscription will expire in two months and so I need to consider whether I wish to renew it or not.

I will do so - they offer 12mths for £36.00 or 24mths for £57.60. I don’t want it to expire as it’s easier just to renew and have an uninterrupted service. So I was just about to settle up online when I noticed the ‘voucher code’ field and paused.

Having lived in Bonnie Scotland for over 25yrs, the nations’ frugal money-saving habits have rubbed off on this Southerner! I am just wondering whether it’s worth just waiting a bit to see if there’s any ‘encouragement’ from JLR to renew - a special offer or a discount voucher?

I will also have a chat with my dealer this week as we need to have a conversation about extending the warranty and I want it to be the JLR warranty. Sometimes, when you buy a package, there are some discounts to be had.

Anyone else got any intelligence on the third anniversary experience? I’d be interested to hear from you. As ever, I will keep the forum updated.

Regards, Arianne

DCC51B58-6619-44C0-B59E-A9CFC86C045E.png

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 19.34.56.pdf
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

Gogsy

Re: Subscription Renewal - In Control Remote Services

Post by Gogsy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 am

Interested to hear how this goes for you as I’ll be in a similar position in a years time. I too intend to take out the extended warranty as it provides peace of mind. I have it on my Jaguar XFR and if the landrover is the same there are 2 warranties, extended and select. The select only covers limited items And is limited to around £3k and the extended covers almost everything including electronics and covers up to the value of the car. There is a further option to add Jaguar assist which can get priority repair slots with the dealer.
Just be aware that it must be taken out before your factory warranty expires or there is an inspection fee of around £300 to pay!
I’ve found on the Jaguar warranty that the dealer handles the whole process for me so it’s just like the factory warranty.
One other thing is that JLR also do a 3+ service plan at much reduced rates so worth enquiring about that as it is dealer optional. My XFR services cost around £350 and £500 compared to the 3+ plan of £200 and £350, not bad for a supercharged V8!
Hope this helps
2018 Firenze Red D240 SE

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:17 pm

Gogsy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 am
Interested to hear how this goes for you as I’ll be in a similar position in a years time. I too intend to take out the extended warranty as it provides peace of mind. I have it on my Jaguar XFR and if the landrover is the same there are 2 warranties, extended and select. The select only covers limited items And is limited to around £3k and the extended covers almost everything including electronics and covers up to the value of the car. There is a further option to add Jaguar assist which can get priority repair slots with the dealer.
Just be aware that it must be taken out before your factory warranty expires or there is an inspection fee of around £300 to pay!
I’ve found on the Jaguar warranty that the dealer handles the whole process for me so it’s just like the factory warranty.
One other thing is that JLR also do a 3+ service plan at much reduced rates so worth enquiring about that as it is dealer optional. My XFR services cost around £350 and £500 compared to the 3+ plan of £200 and £350, not bad for a supercharged V8!
Hope this helps
Really helpful. Thanks for the advice. I will see how I get on and update the forum. Service to the community!

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Update on In Control Remote Services

A lovely lady at my dealer explained that this subscription is purely online and direct between me and JLR. The dealer is not involved. So no discounts to be had by buying through the dealer or as part of a wider package then.

So I've asked Siri to remind me about 30 days before the expiry because, in my experience, online subscriptions are sometimes miraculously discounted if you leave it until late in the renewal window. I will update the forum with my experience should I receive a discount offer or not.

I will start a separate thread for the extended warranty.

Regards, Arianne.