Sat Nav logout

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Simonh

Re: Sat Nav logout

Post by Simonh » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Actually nothing works. All data apps won’t connect or just show the updating spinner for ages. Recent destinations are crazy old in the car and the Route Planner app. Like months old even though I have synced destinations many times in the past.

Data used is 134MB (it’s reset each month so I can keep track) so not at the 500MB limit.

Anyone else seeing connectivity issues?

Remote works fine as this is the embedded SIM.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 - Now gone
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 pm

According to cars web browser and now also confirmed by the Ubigi app which I just installed, I have no data left!!! Yet the car shows I have only used 143MB since its monthly reset. I've never been anywhere near running out of data in the past and based on the car I still have plenty left. Emailed Ubigi support so lets see how responsive they are.

Bloody irritating.
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 pm

I too have to log in more often than not, I’m afraid.
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, retractable tow bar, Meridian 825w Surround, and more of that jazz ...

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:27 am

MarcusGVA wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 pm
I too have to log in more often than not, I’m afraid.
Me too on regular occasions and especially since the S20B update. This seems to have culminated in the LR supplied Ubigi SIM apparently having no data allowance left after only a few days. Only used the car a few times at the weekend too so it’s extra weird.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 am

Seems I had no data left after all which is a shock as I've never run out in the year of owning the car. I only use the Ubigi SIM for navigation and on the odd occasion, for Weather. I also only ever use CarPlay for music.

Ubigi have very kindly added some data to the account as a good will gesture which is very much appreciated.

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:01 am

Wow, will need to check the data issue today, as my Tidal and Apple Music apps have pretty much stopped working since the latest 20b update yesterday.
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, retractable tow bar, Meridian 825w Surround, and more of that jazz ...

Nick123

Post by Nick123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi can anyone help with unblocking the valet mode on our 2015 evoque please? Our 2 year old managed to block it 🤣 and local dealer charges £70 to do it! Thx

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 pm

MarcusGVA wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:01 am
Wow, will need to check the data issue today, as my Tidal and Apple Music apps have pretty much stopped working since the latest 20b update yesterday.
Get the Ubigi app. You need the SIM number. Then you can see what data is left out of the 500MB allowance. Mine seems to use around 20MB a day at the moment without using the cars Nav or Live.

If you use Apple Music or Tidal then that data comes via the phone not the cars SIM.

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:40 pm

You’re right of course. Apple Music and Tidal use data via my iPhone subscription. I have an unlimited data plan, so that shouldn’t be a problem

As for the JLR supplies SIM card, I was given 15GB when I picked the car just under a year ago. I live in Switzerland, so the Ubigi app os not relevant, but I can’t remember anymore how to check my data status.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:32 am

What SIM is it? Ubigi or another provider? Who ever it is should have a website you can set up an account and check ??