Beep when unlocking...

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
KJH19

Beep when unlocking...

Post by KJH19 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:38 am

Bit of a strange one that i’m hoping one of you can help me with....

Over the last week or so when unlocking the car it has sounded the double beep. Like the noise you get if you try to lock it and a door is open, or try to lock it with the key inside.

The car locks, double locks and unlocks perfectly via the remote and the handle. (Unlocking any way triggers that noise).
I’ve checked all doors, boot and bonnet, they’re all shut correctly as are all the windows.
I’ve checked the app and it shows as no issues and all opening’s closed and the alarm on.
The red dot for the alarm flashes as normal when its locked and alarmed.
Changed the battery in the key and tried the spare key also.
It still makes the noise.

Its clearly telling me something is wrong but i can’t figure what.

Oh and occasionally i get into the car to find that the automatic Panoramic roof blind hasn’t closed fully after its been locked. I've done the reset on this but it still does it now and then. Both the roof blind and the unlocking double beep seem to go hand in hand, started around the same time.

Any ideas????
I’ve booked it in to be looked at but i’d rather sort a quick fix myself rather than waste a dealers time with something that could be quite simple.

Thanks
RRV R-Dynamic SE D300 20MY
Santorini Black
22’ 9007 Diamond Turned Alloys
Black Pack
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Ebony/Piano Black interior

KJH19

Re: Beep when unlocking...

Post by KJH19 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:03 am

A quick update for anyone who may have this issue...

I contacted Land Rover Assistance who stated it could be a faulty Alarm/Volumetric sensor inside the car and to book it in at a dealership.

The car went in first thing Friday morning and after being there for the whole day they stated it pretty much had them stumped until they checked all the door handles.
They suspect the internal drivers door mechanism is faulty so have ordered a new part, i’ll post another update once its been in for repair.
Its worth noting all the handles internally and externally work fine, however i do have 2-stage unlocking set and where as when i used to exit the vehicle and only the external drivers door handle would pop out, now all four handles have started popping out.

Mystery!
RRV R-Dynamic SE D300 20MY
Santorini Black
22’ 9007 Diamond Turned Alloys
Black Pack
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Ebony/Piano Black interior

Arianne

Re: Beep when unlocking...

Post by Arianne » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:50 pm

Thank you for sharing this. If you’d be kind enough to keep us posted as things progress that would be excellent. We all benefit from this information.

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!