Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Tbaaqeel

Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant

Post by Tbaaqeel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 am

Interested in Alexa or Google Assistant control of your Land Rover? Chris Davies has successfully created an integration with the incontrol app. He's looking for testers. I'm pleased to say it works flawlessly on my Velar and it's free! Check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jlrremote/?ref=share

ABZBOB

Re: Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant

Post by ABZBOB » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:36 am

I had the Alex function for my Jaguar, where I could ask Alex to start the car, its a standard Alexa function, haven't tried to see if there is one for the Range Rover yet but no reason why there shouldn't be as its basically the same thing
MY21 D300 SE R-Dynamic, Igor grey.

ABZBOB

Post by ABZBOB » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:44 am

Update, just activated the Landrover Alexa skill, link to account and it works perfectly too.
Haven't looked at the one from Chris yet just wary of clicking on someone's Facebook link instead of an official Alex Skill.
MY21 D300 SE R-Dynamic, Igor grey.

MJS

Post by MJS » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:39 pm

Got this working with Alexa, works well, just 1 issue is it cannot differentiate between Land Rover InControl and Jaguar InControl.

Used to own a Jag XE registered on Jaguars system with the same email as my current Velar and Land Rover Alexa skill logged into the Jaguar account. Deleted the Jag account to fix the issue.
Range Rover Velar HSE 300hp Petrol Red