Maps (Europe & Rusia) - Download / Update

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
liben96

Maps (Europe & Rusia) - Download / Update

Post by liben96 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:05 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to download the maps for our velar from the internet? My license will expire in a few days. Im currently downloading the last version (Europe & Russia), but I would like to know if it is possible to download it from any other places (it is possible for Audi, VW, etc).

LR already sent me an email to renew my license (around 300 Euros just to get an update...)

How do you guys do it? :)

Agrad

Re: Maps (Europe & Rusia) - Download / Update

Post by Agrad » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 am

I think you can ask someone who has a valid license upload it to a cloud drive and download it from there!

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:59 am

I think the files might be tied to the VIN used to download?
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 20C

tanis

Post by tanis » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:15 pm

I haven't tested if the map is tied to a VIN, never tried to do any security audit to the apps and software, I have to drive it.. but I can certainly say that it takes days to download the 33Gigabytes, sometimes gets to 20Mbps, sometimes to 10, 5..and for sure two or three connection losts.. nevermind if you are wired to your fiber router, on a good wifi..it's a pain in the a$$ :-(
2020 Küschall Wheelchair Compact 2.0 (c'mon, it's my personal ferrari :D )
2018 D300 SE Silicon Silver. With too many options.
2020 BMW X2 x20d Blue.

iago_00

Post by iago_00 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:15 pm

tanis wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:15 pm
I haven't tested if the map is tied to a VIN, never tried to do any security audit to the apps and software, I have to drive it.. but I can certainly say that it takes days to download the 33Gigabytes, sometimes gets to 20Mbps, sometimes to 10, 5..and for sure two or three connection losts.. nevermind if you are wired to your fiber router, on a good wifi..it's a pain in the a$$ :-(
Definitely agree. It takes ages to download. The juice is not woth the squeeze. This is one of reasons (the price being the most important) I gave up subscription

JimH

Post by JimH » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:51 pm

I takes me less than 2 hours to download, but I really don't need the whole of Europe and Russia - It would be far better if individual countries could be selected for download.....

Then comes the 30-minute upload from the USB stick to the car - has anyone found a way to leave the ignition on without the engine running? As soon as I open and close the door to leave the upload to happen, the car goes to sleep, so I have to leave the engine running.....
MY2019.5 D240 SE R Dynamic - Firenze Red, Body Colour roof with fixed panoramic glass and black rails, 21" Style 5047G dark grey with diamond cut finish wheels, Heated windscreen and steering wheel, Adaptive Dynamics, Front fog lights, Privacy glass