Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan - MY21 only

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Hedders

Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan - MY21 only

Post by Hedders » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi all,
I have the option fitted of “Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan” on my MY21 car. This therefore has the dual eSims which are not accessible. I had this option on my two previous JLR cars so I know how it SHOULD work.

The car connects to data fine for its own use - indeed it self-downloaded four updates today and I can view the satellite view in navigation if I want to, and use the weather app etc. This subscription is called the “Online Pack with Data Plan”.

The problem I have is that although I can connect my phone successfully to the car’s Wi-Fi, it will then not connect to any data. It’s as if the second Sim is not activated. When I look at my subscriptions in the app, there is no mention of “Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan”.

Has anyone else got this option and have it working successfully, and if so, does it show in your subscriptions and what is it listed as?

Many thanks in advance!!
New Velar P400 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
Carpathian Grey, Black pano roof, 22” wheels.

Totem

Re: Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan - MY21 only

Post by Totem » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:52 am

Hedders wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:06 pm
Hi all,
I have the option fitted of “Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan” on my MY21 car. This therefore has the dual eSims which are not accessible. I had this option on my two previous JLR cars so I know how it SHOULD work.

The car connects to data fine for its own use - indeed it self-downloaded four updates today and I can view the satellite view in navigation if I want to, and use the weather app etc. This subscription is called the “Online Pack with Data Plan”.

The problem I have is that although I can connect my phone successfully to the car’s Wi-Fi, it will then not connect to any data. It’s as if the second Sim is not activated. When I look at my subscriptions in the app, there is no mention of “Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan”.

Has anyone else got this option and have it working successfully, and if so, does it show in your subscriptions and what is it listed as?

Many thanks in advance!!
Hi Hedders

I haven’t got the wifi but I have noticed that the sim for the online data doesn’t initialise sometimes and then doesn’t connect if you check in the mobile data settings it says there is no sim installed. However this is intermittent and when my MY21 was in for the incontrol login problem it never happened so they couldn’t check it.

I have also noticed that when it is working the O2 4g connection is rubbish, this may not be the case in other parts of the country but in Plymouth and Cornwall it is utter pants.
MY21 Velar HSE P400e, Eiger Grey, Light Oyster, Pano Roof, etc.
MY19 R Dynamic S P250 Byron Blue, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Contrast Pano Roof, Drive Pack, AD, Surround Cameras & Interactive Display.

Hedders

Post by Hedders » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I agree about the O2 SIM. The signal is nearly always weaker than my iPhone signal on Three, and I’m in the South East of England.

Spoke to my dealer again today, and they now have a list of other customers with my identical problem with the WiFi on both Velars and New Discoverys, all of course using Pivi Pro....

Totem

Post by Totem » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Its just the niggly little things, over all the system is far better than old system but with teething problems.

I must say the whole car is better than my old Velar, ride is better even the indicators are quiet...
MY21 Velar HSE P400e, Eiger Grey, Light Oyster, Pano Roof, etc.
MY19 R Dynamic S P250 Byron Blue, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Contrast Pano Roof, Drive Pack, AD, Surround Cameras & Interactive Display.

Hedders

Post by Hedders » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:42 am

Please - does anyone else have this option. Car has been at Dealer for two weeks and JLR don’t understand it. I need to compare notes with someone else who has this option.
Thank you!
H.

kima

Post by kima » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:59 pm

@hedders did you manage to figure it out? I'm trying to make sure my dealer (in the US) fixes all this next week before I pick the car up (I got this option too).

Hedders

Post by Hedders » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:09 pm

kima wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:59 pm
@hedders did you manage to figure it out? I'm trying to make sure my dealer (in the US) fixes all this next week before I pick the car up (I got this option too).
Sadly not!

My car has been at the dealer for 4 weeks this time. This is also its fourth visit and the car is only 3 1/2 month old!
The dealer is being excellent, but totally let down by the factory. Apparently software is not yet fully working for cars being sold!!

kima

Post by kima » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:04 am

Hedders wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:09 pm
kima wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:59 pm
Sadly not!

My car has been at the dealer for 4 weeks this time. This is also its fourth visit and the car is only 3 1/2 month old!
The dealer is being excellent, but totally let down by the factory. Apparently software is not yet fully working for cars being sold!!
Oh dear. This is quite frustrating. What are the other issues if I may ask? The dealer assured me that the WiFi issue is "under control" (whatever that means), I'd love to ensure that they check everything that is typically wrong on MY21 before they deliver the car and I have to send them back...

David_BCN_Velar

Post by David_BCN_Velar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:33 pm

It seems that new Pivi Pro software and its new features were not correctly or completely tested before getting installed by default on the new MY21 vehicles, as there a lot of software bugs being reported by too many users worldwide.

Maybe we can create a new forum discussion to collect all of them and ensure we continue chasing our dealers and the factory with new software update with all pending bug fixes, as the last update happened on Apr the 1st did not correct all of them.

As far as I can remember:

- InControl login from the vehicle
- Issues with Wi-Fi connection and sharing
- Spotify InControl app issues

Would it make sense to continue adding and collecting those into a one new unified post?

Best!

Hedders

Post by Hedders » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Yes Please,
Great idea!!