Incontrol

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
R16chh

Incontrol

Post by R16chh » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi collected car yesterday but have never been able to log into the incontrol system in the car it works on the app and website but just doesn’t want to let me in.
Tried restoring it tried new password but just tells me to add car to app which it is already showing on app.
I guessing as it’s not connected that is also why the data isn’t working either.
Reluctant to take it back as I’ve only just got it.
Any thoughts
Thanks

ABZBOB

Re: Incontrol

Post by ABZBOB » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 pm

R16chh wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:32 pm
Hi collected car yesterday but have never been able to log into the incontrol system in the car it works on the app and website but just doesn’t want to let me in.
Tried restoring it tried new password but just tells me to add car to app which it is already showing on app.
I guessing as it’s not connected that is also why the data isn’t working either.
Reluctant to take it back as I’ve only just got it.
Any thoughts
Thanks
This is the same problem with all MY21 Velars, left the factory with the Telematics not set up properly . Vista to the dealer, resynched all the APPS and modules, reconnected the Telematics, and hey presto it all now perfectly
But you need to tell them this as they have no idea about it.
MY21 D300 SE R-Dynamic, Igor grey.

Fenton

Post by Fenton » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:52 pm

Apologies for being a new Defender owner but can I just add a comment regarding Incontrol log-in on Pivi.
I can't either.
I have today received an email from JLR on this:
"...and can confirm Jaguar Land Rover are aware that a number of customer's are experiencing login concerns at the moment with this system and there is a software update due to be released shortly.
Regrettably although this software update is due there is no current definitive date of release which I do apologise for."

I am rather miffed being sold a vehicle with unfinished/immature software.

Coincidentally, whilst the car was (fruitlessly) at the garage, they lent me a new-ish Disco Sport with Pre-Pivi software.
It logged in perfectly.
After which point I realised I couldn't see any point in logging in. What is it for?
All the journey etc. details are perfectly accessible on my phone.

R16chh

Post by R16chh » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 pm

Hi thanks for that.
At the moment the car doesn’t recognise my login details which I’m guessing that is why I can’t access my data plan which comes with the car.
Richard

ABZBOB

Post by ABZBOB » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:57 pm

R16chh wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 pm
Hi thanks for that.
At the moment the car doesn’t recognise my login details which I’m guessing that is why I can’t access my data plan which comes with the car.
Richard
Exactly you can't access or use your data plan or access any online or streaming services if not logged in.
MY21 D300 SE R-Dynamic, Igor grey.

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:51 pm

I have same problem on car picked up at weekend. Reported to JLR and they asked for screenshot of problem, as though they didn’t know about it….
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Just received the same email. Annoyed that I have been trying all sorts and they haven’t owned up this being known until now
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

R16chh

Post by R16chh » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:10 pm

What email address do you have so I can email them
Thanks

Snipperty

Post by Snipperty » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 pm

There are other threads about this on the forum. All dealers should have been notified. A trip to the service department for a software update sorted this issue out on my MY21. I don’t think this can be sorted out remotely.

Sadly Pivi Pro still far from perfect and there is a major over the air software update coming this month according to my dealer.
D200 R- Dynamic SE, MY21. Byron Blue, Sliding panoramic roof, air suspension, dynamic handling pack, premium cabin lighting, front fog lights, cabin air ionisation.

Tonyj

Post by Tonyj » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Been having the same problem since my pickup but miraculously today data suddenly appeared as connected.
MY21 R-Dynamic Edition, Santorini Black