Coding additional options?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
sphRRVelar21

Coding additional options?

Post by sphRRVelar21 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:26 am

Just bought my first Velar (2021) coming off a BMW. For BMWs there were several apps people had created that allowed for turning on/off features of the car by connecting a Bluetooth OBD Reader to the cars OBD port. Does anyone know if this exists for Land Rovers?

Fist thing I want to do is turn off the Auto Start/Stop feature permanently!! Help!

TIA

kukoc7

Re: Coding additional options?

Post by kukoc7 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:46 am

As far as I know there is not such thing for new JLR cars like Velar.

I would as well love to turn off the auto stop off permanently. Apparently it needs to be always turn on by default due to C02 emissions standard (EURO5) to be met.

ABZBOB

Post by ABZBOB » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:59 pm

sphRRVelar21 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:26 am
Just bought my first Velar (2021) coming off a BMW. For BMWs there were several apps people had created that allowed for turning on/off features of the car by connecting a Bluetooth OBD Reader to the cars OBD port. Does anyone know if this exists for Land Rovers?

Fist thing I want to do is turn off the Auto Start/Stop feature permanently!! Help!

TIA
I know exactly what you mean, I used have an M5, and had all sorts of goofd things configured, Auto stop switched off by default, car started in Sport mode, tial lights on with DRL's, certainly miss having the ability to play around with the car settings.
MY21 D300 SE R-Dynamic, Igor grey.

Wivenhoe

Post by Wivenhoe » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:29 pm

I thought I was back on Bimmerpost for a minute !
P400e ordered May delivery. Santorini black with options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

StewartM

Post by StewartM » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:01 pm

I'm intrigued to note the OP is from North America. I thought the law there said all cars sold had to have Factory or Factory Equivalent Workshop Manuals and Diagnostics made available to anyone, and at reasonable cost.