P400e Preconditioning

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Wivenhoe

P400e Preconditioning

Post by Wivenhoe » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Apologies if this has been covered before- I did do a search but no posts came up. I am confused as the Price List says that preconditioning with remote is not available on the P400e. I’d assumed that was because the P400e could be preconditioned but via the App not a remote. The iGuide & Owners Instructions make no reference that I can see to the Remote App being used for this.

So can someone with a P400e please tell me if the car can be pre-heated / pre-cooled at a time set by the Remote App ? The demo version I have only seems to have a Climate Now button and not the option to select a time. The iGuide only talks about setting a time in the car.

I have had quite a few new cars in the past and I have to say that the Owners Information / iGuide is the most confusing ones I have come across.
P400e ordered May delivery. Santorini black with options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

Totem

Re: P400e Preconditioning

Post by Totem » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Wivenhoe wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 pm
Apologies if this has been covered before- I did do a search but no posts came up. I am confused as the Price List says that preconditioning with remote is not available on the P400e. I’d assumed that was because the P400e could be preconditioned but via the App not a remote. The iGuide & Owners Instructions make no reference that I can see to the Remote App being used for this.

So can someone with a P400e please tell me if the car can be pre-heated / pre-cooled at a time set by the Remote App ? The demo version I have only seems to have a Climate Now button and not the option to select a time. The iGuide only talks about setting a time in the car.

I have had quite a few new cars in the past and I have to say that the Owners Information / iGuide is the most confusing ones I have come across.
Hi Wivenhoe

When in the Remote app if you tap on the option that shows range and charge status you get the schedule option at the bottom of the screen where you can set a climate time and charge time.

I agree the iGUIDE is useless because they have copied so much from other vehicles that have option that aren’t available on our Velars.
MY21 Velar HSE P400e, Eiger Grey, Light Oyster, Pano Roof, etc.
MY19 R Dynamic S P250 Byron Blue, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Contrast Pano Roof, Drive Pack, AD, Surround Cameras & Interactive Display.

Wivenhoe

Post by Wivenhoe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm

Many thanks Totem. One more question - in the BMW & Merc’s the preheat / cool just turned on the heater / ac to the last setting. Does the JLR system heat or cool using say the external temp and then heat / cool accordingly.
P400e ordered May delivery. Santorini black with options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

Totem

Post by Totem » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Wivenhoe wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm
Many thanks Totem. One more question - in the BMW & Merc’s the preheat / cool just turned on the heater / ac to the last setting. Does the JLR system heat or cool using say the external temp and then heat / cool accordingly.
Sorry I don’t know as I have never used it. I don’t really see to point of it as it doesn’t take that long to heat or cool down, just something else to go wrong.
MY21 Velar HSE P400e, Eiger Grey, Light Oyster, Pano Roof, etc.
MY19 R Dynamic S P250 Byron Blue, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Contrast Pano Roof, Drive Pack, AD, Surround Cameras & Interactive Display.