VPLKV0134 Dash Cam

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
midnight rambler

VPLKV0134 Dash Cam

Post by midnight rambler » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:47 pm

Has anyone fitted the Landrover OEM front/back dash cam. VPLKV0134
I got them fitted at PDI on my new Velar, which has turned out to have been a nightmare.
1st unit lasted 5 minutes after collection the kept saying check SD card, back to dealers who could not fix and ended up fitting a new unit.
This has lasted 2 days with same results and waiting to get 3rd unit fitted.
You can only view recordings through the app on phone selecting front or rear camera, but you cannot share files unless you remove SD card then there is no way of selecting rear camera footage, which is very dark
I have contacted Landrover but they have not been able to find a solution.
So kind of defeats purpose of having it if recording cannot be shared.
Will try 3rd unit if this fails it is coming out.
ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCES WITH THIS ?

GreyPaint

Re: VPLKV0134 Dash Cam

Post by GreyPaint » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:15 pm

I fitted an ebay sourced front and rear, which I access from phone. I can see all recording and can mark and save them to my phone - same with photos
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

cianelectric

Post by cianelectric » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:23 pm

midnight rambler wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:47 pm
Has anyone fitted the Landrover OEM front/back dash cam. VPLKV0134
I got them fitted at PDI on my new Velar, which has turned out to have been a nightmare.
1st unit lasted 5 minutes after collection the kept saying check SD card, back to dealers who could not fix and ended up fitting a new unit.
This has lasted 2 days with same results and waiting to get 3rd unit fitted.
You can only view recordings through the app on phone selecting front or rear camera, but you cannot share files unless you remove SD card then there is no way of selecting rear camera footage, which is very dark
I have contacted Landrover but they have not been able to find a solution.
So kind of defeats purpose of having it if recording cannot be shared.
Will try 3rd unit if this fails it is coming out.
ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCES WITH THIS ?
Have you tried a different memory card? I know thinkware dash cams are very fussy about memory cards and if the issues are all whilst using the same card it would be worth trying another brand.... (unless of course you’re using ones Land Rover supplied). not sure who actually makes the dash cams for Land Rover.
D240 SE Corris / Acorn Leather with lots of options (including extended leather, aluminium door trim, sliding roof, air suspension, electric tow bar, activity key)
Thinkware dashcam front and rear

midnight rambler

Post by midnight rambler » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi
Tried 3 different makes all class 10 high capacity cards but none will work, also spoke to Landrover re sharing files and have been told this can only be done by removing SD card but cannot give me a solution on how to view rear footage of the car as there is no way to select that camera outside of the app

MJS

Post by MJS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:27 pm

May seem simple but WRT to very dark rear camera, did they take the blue protective film off the lense? They forgot to on mine, seemed really dark, checked and removed the film and quality was near same as the front (I have tinted windows so was slightly darker)
Range Rover Velar HSE 300hp Petrol Red

midnight rambler

Post by midnight rambler » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:06 pm

What software do you use to view files on a pc