Please help to collect issues from Pivi Pro MY21 SW

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
David_BCN_Velar

Please help to collect issues from Pivi Pro MY21 SW

Post by David_BCN_Velar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:52 am

It seems that new Pivi Pro software and its new features were not correctly or completely tested before getting installed by default on the new MY21 vehicles, as there a lot of software bugs being reported by too many users worldwide.

This is a new forum topic to collect all of them and ensure we continue chasing our dealers and the factory with new software update with all pending bug fixes, as the last update happened on Apr the 1st did not correct all of them.

As far as I can remember:

1. InControl login from the vehicle
2. Issues with Wi-Fi connection and sharing
3. Spotify InControl app issues

Please help by adding other issues you detect, so that we can push dealers and JLR to release a new SW fixing all bugs identified.

Thank you!

Snipperty

Re: Please help to collect issues from Pivi Pro MY21 SW

Post by Snipperty » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 pm

Here’s my list
1. Navigation slow to initialise (2-3 mins)
2. Near side mirror stays in reverse position intermittently
3. Experienced total crash of system- both screens went red.
4. Slow start up of the system, not like JLR claim
5. Air suspension controls work intermittently
6. Some of the icons on the media app don’t always work
7. Blind spot monitor fails to initialise (on both times engine switched off and then restarted without locking up (I was parked up waiting for my wife on both occasions)
8. Car sometimes defaults to sport mode gearbox from the off
9. No data sim available error has occurred once
10. InControl issue as most people have reported.

Have to say most of my issues stem from the update when auto access height menu was installed after being missed off when I took delivery.
Switching off and restarting seems to fix every issue. Just like a really bug laden piece of software.
Can’t wait for the update.
D200 R- Dynamic SE, MY21. Byron Blue, Sliding panoramic roof, air suspension, dynamic handling pack, premium cabin lighting, front fog lights, cabin air ionisation.

Hedders

Post by Hedders » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Auto Access Height intermittent, now that menu item has at last been added to be able to activate it!

WiFi with Data Plan - I can connect to the internal WiFi, but the WiFi does not then connect to the outside world.

Remote App does not start the Fuel Burning Auxiliary Heater when trying to pre-condition the cabin. It always starts the engine, which is illegal in many places that the car may be parked.

Centre display does not show the locking state of the rear differential correctly - it just greys out as soon as the centre diff starts to lock - however the diff display works correctly when on the driver’s main display (Speedo/RPM etc.)

I am picking my car up from my dealer tomorrow after it’s fourth visit to get these items working properly. This latest visit has been 29 days - over 4 weeks!!

Now I can get my otherwise excellent car back to enjoy, as the JLR factory have at last admitted that they “need more time” to fix these software issues rather than continually promising updates for the next day which usually did not materialise. Dealer has been excellent throughout.
Last edited by Hedders on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
New Velar P400 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
Carpathian Grey, Black pano roof, 22” wheels.

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:03 pm

My cameras sometimes don’t come on when I choose reverse
Weather App sometimes doesn’t know where I am
DAB reception can be intermittent
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

Fenton

Post by Fenton » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:34 pm

The immature Pivi-Pro flaws and faults seems to be prevalent across the whole JLR range.

Contrary to the trumpets of "It is ready, for example, to accept sat nav inputs as soon as the driver steps into the vehicle." my Defender can take anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes.
Marketing bullshine bordering on a fib.

InControl login not possible for me too.
I received an email from JLR a couple of weeks ago saying " ...still under investigation with our Engineering Teams and now currently no definitive release date at this time."

And, now and then, my reversing camera displays a psychedelic unusable display.

When I first got mine in November the Nav software would accept any voice control and the Infotainment was truly rubbish. My 2016 Evoque was 100x better.
It took 3 months of waiting for SOTA to upgrade.

Personally, I don't lose any sleep over the login business but I find it unacceptable that manufacturers are selling products that are not ready and have known faults.
After all, our money was good.

What are you going to do when you have collated the data?

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:35 pm

My car sometimes says, "Fully Charged" but it jas stopped at something like 70% - I need to manually intervene
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

ABZBOB

Post by ABZBOB » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:24 am

Hi all, had my new Velar for a few months now I do love the car.
Issues experienced so far are.

Couldn't log into the incontrol account in the car, this has since been fixed.
In control intermittently logs out.
Account was deleted once from the car altogether so had to re-register and log back in.
When the car is switched off for a short period, example getting fuel, this is when the screens can sometimes take longer to come back on.
Top screen has completely switched off on one occasion, had to stop the car for a couple of mins and restart
Have the convenience setting activated, when car stops and seat belt released, the car should lower, never really seems to work, have to lower manually, unless I am doing something wrong.

Apart from all that, love the car and am sure these will be fixed with the next rollout of the software updates, or that's what I tell myself anyways.
MY21 D300 SE R-Dynamic, Igor grey.

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Chargin Issues.png

So, this is in 1 week, one that stopped charging but says less, the others showing how wildly the estimates are

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:49 pm

My car doesn’t always remember my chosen EV mode and defaults to Hybrid. Even when I press EV, it won’t allow it, saying it isn’t available. Even stopping and starting doesn’t sort it. Need to lock car and re-enter to be able to go to EV mode….
Also, despite selecting the first option to save energy, it always defaults to the next one on the list - can’t remember settings…

kabgolf1

Post by kabgolf1 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:59 pm

I have had issues with the InControl account. Also navigation has frozen and would also lag behind my actual location. The vehicle would show connected to 4G but really not be. The system has had times where an incoming text would not be read after pushing play