Approved used experience

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Peteg80

Approved used experience

Post by Peteg80 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Good afternoon.

New to the forum and hopefully about to be the new owner of a d300 r dynamic hse. Car is 2018 with 24000 miles.
Car is from a well known franchised dealer so will come with all the approved used benefits/warranty.
My issue is that when they mot'd the vehicle it had an advisory on a tyre - cut in tyre however not through the cords. All 4 tyres are continentals crosscontact with about 3.5mm of tread left so assuming new from factory.
I initially asked for all 4 to be replaced because of lack of tread to which they refused claiming they didn't fall below minimum standards. They have however agreed to replace the rears(with a lot of arguing) but only with budget tyres!!
This to me is unacceptable and surely JLR approved tyres have to be used to uphold any warranty claim?

I have spoken to my local franchised dealer and they have said they would never fit budget tyres and where possible like for like would be fitted.

What's are your thoughts/experiences with approved used?

Regards,
Pete.

GreyPaint

Re: Approved used experience

Post by GreyPaint » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:02 pm

You should never have odd tyres on an axle. That’s more than advice. Also, bad idea to have one new and one old across an axle as well
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

Peteg80

Post by Peteg80 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:06 pm

They have agreed to replace both tyres on the rear axle however only with budgets!

Bottom

Post by Bottom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm

It would seem that you've negotiated as best you can, so it looks like your choices are either:
1) Go for a different car
2) Accept what they're offering
3) Offer to pay the difference between the budget tyres and the ones you want

Good luck whichever you choose.

Peteg80

Post by Peteg80 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:23 pm

At the moment it seems like they are my only options! I just expected better from a main dealer and with a 1 year JLR warranty I thought approved tyres would have to be fitted to uphold any warranty claim?

Spencerwilks

Post by Spencerwilks » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Challenge them because it is doubtful if JLR would be party to a warranty scheme through dealers without certain standards being met and fitting budget tyres would not be one of them. There are plenty of low mileage ex JLR management vehicles available to dealers at the moment and they come in at very keen prices as in my case so walk away if they will not meet your request.
All dealers are desperate for sales at the moment so call their bluff and you might be surprised.
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Windsor Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Matrix LED lights , Extended leather upgrade, Meriden 825W Sound, Heated steering wheel, Tracker. USA licence plate plinths.