Wireless Apple Car Play

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Vanstmic

Wireless Apple Car Play

Post by Vanstmic » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:27 am

Hi - wanted to ask what the consensus was on the CarPlay2Air adaptor for wireless ACP? Specifically on reliability and performance but also on any differences in capability compared to wired ACP. For example are there diffs with steering wheel controls, screen options, music quality etc?

Due to collect our 2018 D240 SE in a few weeks and trying to decide the best IPhone charging/ACP set up. Ideally having access to the phone but not having a wire visible would be preferable (and then plug in armrest only when needing to charge)

I’m going to exclude the JLR available docks and chargers initially due to cost

Many thanks for any views

Wivenhoe

Re: Wireless Apple Car Play

Post by Wivenhoe » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:42 pm

I have a CrPlay2Air on Pivi Pro. It works well - I haven’t noticed any change from a wired connection for CarPlay. The very very occasional lag on a track is the only thing I have noticed. Once paired, it connects to CarPlay within about 20 seconds each time of starting
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

Vanstmic

Post by Vanstmic » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Ok thanks - so any steering wheel controls are the same if wired or not? I recall from another thread that someone mentioned the steering wheel controls didn’t work the same for wireless. I should add I will be using Duo Pro rather than the newer platform

Jimbrodie1

Post by Jimbrodie1 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Have a watch of this. It should answer most of your questions. He also has the Duo Pro system ……

HTH 👍

Vanstmic

Post by Vanstmic » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:05 am

Yes thanks for this. I had actually watched this a few weeks ago it doesn’t seem to work ok in the video. I have seen many many terrible views for the company that produces the adaptor on Trust pilot so I wanted to try and get more opinion