Sunroof blind

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Grunny

Sunroof blind

Post by Grunny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:07 am

Hi all. Not sure if this has been covered but anyone know why the sunroof blind opens when I turn the car on? Are there setting a to change it? It’s a fixed panoramic sunroof

Thanks in Advance

bazzert9

Re: Sunroof blind

Post by bazzert9 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 pm

MIne decides its self and i cant understand why, sometimes it opens sometimes it doesn't. Im pretty sure he must be sensing something just not sure what.

KRG

Post by KRG » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Pretty sure if I manually open the blind at any time, it gets into a cycle of closing when I turn the car off and reopening when I turn it back on. If I manually close it, it stays closed and doesn’t open when I start the car.

Basically:

If it’s open when you turn the car off, it will close and reopen when restarted.

If it’s closed when you turn the car off, it stays closed.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 pm

^^ that’s correct. It’s an excellent design when you realise what the designers intended.

Have it closed when you shut the car down and it’ll stay closed when you restart it.

Open it and leave it open when you turn the car off and it will automatically close after a few minutes of the car being locked, but automatically reopen when you jump in and restart the car.

Brilliant!

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, summer / winter tyres & the all important cup holder cover!

KRG

Post by KRG » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Yep, I like that nice touch as well!
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

Grunny

Post by Grunny » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:07 am

Thank you guys

brownis

Post by brownis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Thanks for the info, however I have a follow up question. Is there a way to have the sun blind not close itself when you lock the car? It must spank the battery all this opening/closing, if your doing a short journey - so would be good to know if you can stop it. I did ask the dealer, but no one seems to know.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 am

brownis wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 pm
Thanks for the info, however I have a follow up question. Is there a way to have the sun blind not close itself when you lock the car? It must spank the battery all this opening/closing, if your doing a short journey - so would be good to know if you can stop it. I did ask the dealer, but no one seems to know.
No, it is pre-programmed. Personally, I wouldn’t worry about the battery. But, if you are, the workaround would be to manually close it yourself via the button before you shut the engine down.

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, summer / winter tyres & the all important cup holder cover!

brownis

Post by brownis » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks for the guidance - my previous RRS seemed to suffer from the battery management system constantly warning about the battery being low, hence the question, perhaps newer software/design might mean the sun blind isn’t an issue - let’s see. Appreciate the help.

dandanthewatchman

Post by dandanthewatchman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:38 pm

I think it's an annoying and crazy feature. It serves no purpose and puts extra wear on the motors. Also quite noisy when you start the car up .... when you do a series of short journeys it really grates. Doesn't do it on my wife's Discovery Sport .....
P250 SE R Dynamic in Indus Silver with black pano roof and black leather

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”