Sunroof blind

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Jdavis

Re: Sunroof blind

Post by Jdavis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm

KRG wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 pm
Pretty sure if I manually open the blind at any time, it gets into a cycle of closing when I turn the car off and reopening when I turn it back on. If I manually close it, it stays closed and doesn’t open when I start the car.

Basically:

If it’s open when you turn the car off, it will close and reopen when restarted.

If it’s closed when you turn the car off, it stays closed.
I’ve found this to be correct.

425Velar

Post by 425Velar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 am

I also thought it would put extra wear on the motors...so I reset the sunroof (see manual) and then opened the blind and held it until it made a sound. Now it only opens and closes when you press the button.
P 380 R-Dynamic HSE, Yulong White, Kvadrat interior

liben96

Post by liben96 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:19 pm

425Velar wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 am
I also thought it would put extra wear on the motors...so I reset the sunroof (see manual) and then opened the blind and held it until it made a sound. Now it only opens and closes when you press the button.
Can you please explain? How did you do it? Dow does it work? Thanks :D

425Velar

Post by 425Velar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Yes, it works.

Sunroof Reset (from manual):
SUNROOF RESET

Make sure that the conditions listed below are met before carrying out the sunroof and/or roof blind reset procedure:

The ambient air temperature is between 5°C to 65°C.

The vehicle is stationary.

The vehicle's battery is sufficiently charged and the electrical connections are good.

The sunroof and/or roof blind need to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted.

Once the power supply is restored, reset the sunroof and/or roof blind as follows:

Switch the ignition on.

Manually close the sunroof and/or roof blind. Release the switches. See ELECTRIC WINDOWS.

WARNING
Before closing the sunroof, make sure that no occupants have any part of their body in a position where it could be trapped. Even with an anti-trap system, death or serious injury could occur.

Fully press and hold the front of the sunroof switch for 10 seconds to start the reset cycle. Continue to hold the front of the sunroof switch.

NOTES
For vehicles with a fixed sunroof, press and hold the front of the roof blind switch.

NOTES
If the switch is released, then the whole procedure has to be repeated.

The reset cycle:

Fully opens the roof blind.

Fully opens and then fully closes the sunroof.

NOTES
Not applicable for vehicles with a fixed sunroof.

Fully closes the roof blind.

WARNING
The anti-trap system is disabled during the reset cycle. Make sure that no occupants have any part of their body in a position where it could be trapped.

Once the reset cycle has completed and the roof blind has stopped moving, release the switch.

The sunroof and/or the roof blind can now be operated as normal.

Once complete, I opened the blind all the way, and held it for 10 seconds. Now it opens and closes, as needed.
P 380 R-Dynamic HSE, Yulong White, Kvadrat interior

abescos

Post by abescos » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:28 am

It works perfect! After the reset following the instructions, it doesn’t close nor open automatically at engine stop/start, it just reacts to your manual command to open or close when you want it to.

Thanks @425Velar
Alvaro

VelarDownUnder

Post by VelarDownUnder » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 am

I’ve recently collect d my Velar and find the auto-close feature on the sunroof blind very annoying. I want the car to leave the sunroof blind as is until I press the appropriate button to close or open it.

I’ve followed the reset procedure outlined by @425Velar above, however when executing that procedure, the one-touch open / close feature for the sunroof (not the blind) is disabled.

Has anyone had success at disabling the auto-close sunroof blind WHILST retained the one touch open / close to the sunroof itself?

I’ve got my local dealer on to this and am hoping they willl find a fix.
MY19 | SE | D240 | Indus Silver | Black Pack | Black Roof | 20" Style 7014 Wheels | Pano Sunroof | Drive Pro Pack | Oyster & Ebony Interior

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”