Maps login and routeplanner app?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
roverforlife

Maps login and routeplanner app?

Post by roverforlife » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 am

All - how do you use the feature where you enter your destination in an app — which i think is routeplanner — so that it shows up in the car when get in car?

In the car, the maps app keeps asking me to sign into my account which it says is provided by HERE. However when i sign up in the car it says problem not currently working.

Can anyone here help?

Thx!

Jeff

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Re: Maps login and routeplanner app?

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:33 am

Hiya

So you need to register for a Here account at:

https://landrover.here.com/

Then you’ll be able to login on the ICTP.

Next if you want to send locations to the car login to the LR navigation app on your “generic” smart device or on a full web browser.

Find and map you location and say start. Then it’s gets sent to the car. I’ve found recently this has been a little hit and miss for some reason and it’s been slow getting to the car sometimes taking a day which is nuts as it should be instant.

Hopefully this helps anyway
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

Ludo

Post by Ludo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 am

Yes it s working and it s brilliant. You just type your destination on the app onto your smartphone while at home and when you reach your car, you find it immediately in your ´recent' destination. No more painful typing on the car screen :-) its am ust have

By the way the sat nav trafic ( with a data sim of course) is pretty accurate compared to waze
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY18 Velar D180 R-Dyn S, Corris, Black sliding pano roof, 20'' black rims, Black leather, Teinted glass. delivered oct. 2
2014 Freelander 2 D160 HSE

peterd

Post by peterd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Excellent, it was my initial concern: having a super setup and still having to use waze on my phone
It is good to know it is working at least in Paris, what carrier are you using for the 3g?
I plan to use my dual sim card with my bouygues subscription.

Grum

Post by Grum » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:24 pm

I'd like to know which data SIM you're using too Ludo, I was thinking of getting one of the FREE ones as I can't see there being a great deal of transfer.

roverforlife

Post by roverforlife » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:03 am

First my car actually come w att card built in and get 6 mos free. In USA.

2nd, see this so annoying anyone else getting this? Anyone get this before?

Thx!

roverforlife

Post by roverforlife » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:07 am

Won’t let me attach photo for some reason. After i login, i get a message that says

“Sorry there is a problem on our end. Please check back later.”

It’s been 2 days still doesn’t work!

bluesun

Post by bluesun » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:16 am

USA. Mine didn't work. I can see where the car is, but the ATT sim card only worked for a few minutes the first night. (according to ATT). Brought it back to dealer. Everything checks out. Called ATT. They couldn't get contact. Said take it to the dealer. The in car wifi works, in that you can connect to it. But that's all. Not sure what I'm missing but other than trying another sim card, not much I can do.

Ludo

Post by Ludo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:14 pm

peterd wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:49 pm
Excellent, it was my initial concern: having a super setup and still having to use waze on my phone
It is good to know it is working at least in Paris, what carrier are you using for the 3g?
I plan to use my dual sim card with my bouygues subscription.
Hi peter !

I ordered a sim from laposte mobile for 5 €/ month and I do have 4G most of the time. I purchased this in october and there was a bundle with universal music and 10Go data for only 5 / month for the first year. I 'll have to switch in a year time. no big deal. I am used to do this for the kids :-)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY18 Velar D180 R-Dyn S, Corris, Black sliding pano roof, 20'' black rims, Black leather, Teinted glass. delivered oct. 2
2014 Freelander 2 D160 HSE

roverforlife

Post by roverforlife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:11 pm

My sim still working via att at 3g ok

Created different map id on Here now all works ok