Test drive

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Nowaytk

Test drive

Post by Nowaytk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi all, I’ve managed to get a 48hr test drive of a D300 HSE Dynamic and just had a couple of quick questions,

1) For the internet browser & Live thing I’m assuming you need a sim ? Or can you use your phone, via a hotspot ?
2) when I unlock the car from the drivers side only that side opens ( handles deploy ), yet if I unlock from the passenger side all handles come out, is there something in the settings etc ? Or is there a problem with it ?
3) Does anyone know if there’s going to be a MY 18.5 or do you think it’ll go straight to MY19 ? Need to decide when to push the button,
4) Anyone have any thoughts on the laser LED lights, worth it or not ? ( the demo has the normal matrix ones I think )

First impressions are very good, the ride is more or less the same as my sport although I think the seats are way better 👍🏻, some very nice touches, just need to get used to the lower driving position which won’t be a deal breaker :D
Might have to amend my build a bit, demo has HUD which I’m loving :roll:

Milky400

Re: Test drive

Post by Milky400 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Evening.

1) as far as I know it will work via a hotspot, but you’ll need to connect it every time. Data SIM’s are cheap. Mine was £40 for 25gb over 24 months. There is however an issue with live services which a update is due this month.

2) not sure, haven’t really noticed however I think all mine open but sure there’s a setting somewhere.

3) pass, cannot see a need for an 18.5 so early into its life... evoque and sport are next.

4) I have standard and the are more than adequate, huge improvement in the evoque’s xenon shite

Overall we absolutely love ours, we have a couple of niggles but all will be dealt with when update comes. It’s a million miles ahead of the evoque, cannot comment on the sport however I felt the sport looked really dated when Parked next to the Velar.

Strangely I found the HUD really irritating so turned it off in the demo we had, hence wasn’t on my must haves.

Do it and never look back.

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the sim, if I do go for it I’ll definitely look into one, I think I’ll turn off the HUD just to see if I’ll miss it, that’ll save a few £’s :D, re the MY I think when the sport was launched they had 6 month updates ? Thought they might do the same?

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 pm

2) you have two stage unlocking activated. You can untick that within the instrument panel setting vehicle settings or convenience features. Then when open car all doors open.

4) couple of forum members had them said wonderful. I have normal matrix leds and they pretty awsome And bright enough for me

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Managed to sus it out earlier yip-man, but many thanks for the info anyway, as for the “normal” matrix LED, I’m inclined to agree with you, more than bright enough, a vast improvement on my zenons

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 pm

Well, after the test drive and a lot of searching out reviews etc, I’ve decided to get myself into a Velar. Been playing around on the configurator far too much, but think I’ve finally come to my ideal spec, HSE Dynamic 300D, with a few options, just got to find the right dealer with the most favourable discounts and build slots, a general enquiry has got me 5% but a low price on my PX, so will have a shop around.
Any recommendations around the London area? What are realistic savings at the moment (%) giving the current climate ?
Any feedback is most welcome.

DangerMouseUK

Post by DangerMouseUK » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 am

More than what there were !

Up to about 5% with a decent PX price maybe a bit more seems to be the advertised going rate right now with a more attractive finance rate.

If you are willing to settle on one of the stock cars that are floating about - stick a few more percent on that figure!

As for London dealerships there are two Lookers (West London and Battersea) and Rockar over in East London.

Oh almost forgot Spire are about to open a new Jag/LandRover centre in Watford on Monday I think so there's another option!

If you want a contact at any of them let me know and I'll hook you up!

BTW that's not an endorsement of any of them just stating who's where :-)

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 am

I sold the the evoque through Motorway. They offered a free grand more than the dealer and we buy any car. Car was sold to Lancaster’s via motorway, really smooth transaction. Dropped car of at local Lancaster Aston Martin and fianance cleared and payment received within a couple of hours

As for dealers, can only comment on the great service I have always received from Robin Angell at Marshall Cambridge (if you’re based not the London)

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Was trying to avoid west London lookers, had poor experiences with them, but the spires Watford one might be worth a look, often pass it and was wondering when it was going to open? Been offered over £2 and a half K more than the part ex offered at lookers Chipperfield by WBAC, I know “we buy” try and knock you down, but that was for a base spec car so hopefully their price is not too far off?, only problem is it depends on build times as got to keep it til it’s delivered so price might go down a bit?

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 pm

https://motorway.co.uk

These were the guys I used

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”