New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Joe

Re: New Software

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Like I said before, this system was rolled out to all RR models now. Same crap in all new models. Well done JLR, well done. This way they spoil all their recent customers. What are they trying to achieve? Make all customers swear they’ll never buy a JLR again?

StevoQDV

Post by StevoQDV » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Picked up my Velar today, had asked for the new software to be installed (which they did), all connectivity seems ok at the moment including Online Media and iPhone X with the latest iOS version.

Will keep a check on it over the next few days and report back.
18 Reg D300 R-Dynamic HSE Carpathian Grey 22" 9007 style wheels Black Pack

Loz

Post by Loz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:15 pm

I do wonder if it is certain hardware from certain suppliers that is causing the issues. There might be several different hardware suppliers to reduce risk of supply chain and hence production issues. Those with “problem” cars might unfortunately have the same hardware in common. My car has been at the supplying dealer for over two weeks and so far o resolution.

mm767cap

Post by mm767cap » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Picked up my new build Feb 28th. I've had a few small niggles with the Bluetooth, USB, and the screens, but things seems to have settled down a bit. Waiting for the next version of the software to hopefully make everything 100%, but mine is definitely less buggy than what I'm reading from you folks that get the first wave!
2018 P380HSE R-Dynamic Corris with Black Pack, Contrast Roof, 21" 1033 Gloss Black Wheels, Oyster/Ebony, Surround Cam, Adaptive Cruise

Ludo

Post by Ludo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:06 am

Loz wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:15 pm
I do wonder if it is certain hardware from certain suppliers that is causing the issues. There might be several different hardware suppliers to reduce risk of supply chain and hence production issues. Those with “problem” cars might unfortunately have the same hardware in common. My car has been at the supplying dealer for over two weeks and so far o resolution.
@ Loz : good point. different hardware supplier might explain why with the same soft specs some people have bugs when some others don't.

having said that there's no way for us to know which hardware we have and I do not think dealers are very much aware of ICTP issues ...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY18 Velar D180 R-Dyn S, Corris, Black sliding pano roof, 20'' black rims, Black leather, Teinted glass. delivered oct. 2
2014 Freelander 2 D160 HSE

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:29 pm

Interestingly when mine was in for its aborted update they did say that they needed to keep it in longer as a part needed ordering to enable part of the update to be installed.

jpthomas

Post by jpthomas » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi there, how will I get this update. Is there an option to download.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi jpthomas, you must go to your local dealer/retailer to have it applied. Contact them in advance to confirm they are offering it as some have found their dealer is holding it back for unknown reasons.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

WInstonVelar

Post by WInstonVelar » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:09 pm

A clue as to what's coming — maybe.
Just watched a promotional video of Jaguar's new I-Pace (which is quite fun and fast)... and I immediately recognized the same base software running on my Velar. Interestingly the I-Pace's marketing spin clearly mentions nothing about CarPlay or Android Auto, but rather you can "use Apple and Android apps through" InControl interface. Hmmm, that sounds like JLR isn't interested in paying licensing fees to Apple or Google (Certainly not the only brand, not wanting to play: https://blog.caranddriver.com/bmw-to-tr ... nnual-fee/) ...or there is some technical reason. I simply don't think the 2018/2019 models will see CarPlay or Android Auto, if ever. That said, that's the least of my worries. I just want what's described by Land Rover, to actually work. With this software not just now in the Sport and original Range, but in Jaguar's I-Pace... there surely HAS to be a solution coming. Right? Hopefully the forthcoming March update proves to be a big improvement.... FINGERS CROSSED. (I cannot connect my phone USB at all. No Siri voice control or play-through. Audio drops out, no InControl app access, etc. — fortunately Bluetooth works just fine.) — and anxious to keep this thread active for the next software release from JLR.

Ludo

Post by Ludo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:20 am

jpthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:30 pm
Hi there, how will I get this update. Is there an option to download.
software updates for Velar cannot be performed by a simple download, such as what you do with your smartphone. It's a real shame , but you have to proceed this vith your JLR car dealer.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY18 Velar D180 R-Dyn S, Corris, Black sliding pano roof, 20'' black rims, Black leather, Teinted glass. delivered oct. 2
2014 Freelander 2 D160 HSE

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”